[Not a BUG] But be aware... CS MIDI from Stand In Switch with TAP & HOLD

simonp54

Experienced
It appears that when I use a stand in switch, the only CS MIDI that gets transmitted is the associated CS payload for the TAP function. -!- corrected slightly below.

Config:
CS 1 a control change
CS 2 another (different) control change

Button 7 on Layout 2 TAP = CS1
Button 7 on Layout 2 HOLD = CS2

I'm seeing the MIDI payload for CS1 no matter whether I tap or hold. I never see MIDI payload for CS2. -- CORRECTION... I'm seeing the MIDI payload for the LAST added function no matter whether I tap or hold. (i.e. if the HOLD CS assignment is made after the TAP CS assignment, i see the HOLD CS fire no matter whether actually tap or hold the button.) this behaviour is reversed if the TAP CS assignment is made after the HOLD CS assignment)

Also the "state" of the LEDs appears wrong. I'm using these in a Momentary fashion, so the LED should only light when the button is pressed. This does not happen and the LED remains ON after release, and toggles in the opposite manner, but isn't correctly following the FC as it should.

all on latest FW for both FCs and AxeFX3. (aka 1.09 and FW 7.00 and AxeEdit 1.03.01)

Edit: i've also [i thought i did!!!] tried the "reverse polarity" setting for these buttons, but it made no difference. (They are Mosky switches that a lot of people are using successfully)

second edit: the reverse polarity setting is massively important for this to function correctly. I have it working now I believe.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was going to suggest you look at. Glad you got it.
I’d like to know why I need to “reverse” these switches. I believe (I tested the with a multimeter) that they are momentary closed contacts on the MOSKY switches. Which is why it threw me... can you explain @BryantP

There is no standard, which is why we use NORMAL and REVERSE.

There is a bug in the current firmware for the tap function (it won't execute the down portion of the function). I'm not convinced the polarity issue is the sum total of the problem you experienced. The next release of Axe-Fx III firmware will fix that issue.

There is no standard, which is why we use NORMAL and REVERSE.

There is a bug in the current firmware for the tap function (it won't execute the down portion of the function). I'm not convinced the polarity issue is the sum total of the problem you experienced. The next release of Axe-Fx III firmware will fix that issue.
If the next firmware will “fix this”, will the behaviour change? I hope not really, as it’s working nicely now it’s set “correctly”

Back
Top Bottom