[NOT A BUG] BUG? - midi only assignment for tuner - no internal pedals allowed

Conley Shepherd

Experienced
Just noticed this and it may be normal. If so, I wish it wasn't...

I have a 2 button Boss FS-7 setup as pedal 1 and pedal 2 in the AF3. They show up that way in the AF3 and were recognized as such.

In the midi remote/other page - I set pedal 1 as the tempo. Pedal 2 can also be set.

I am not allowed to use anything but a midi controller value to access the tuner. Surely this is an oversight??

Just noticed this and it may be normal. If so, I wish it wasn't...

I have a 2 button Boss FS-7 setup as pedal 1 and pedal 2 in the AF3. They show up that way in the AF3 and were recognized as such.

In the midi remote/other page - I set pedal 1 as the tempo. Pedal 2 can also be set.

I am not allowed to use anything but a midi controller value to access the tuner. Surely this is an oversight??
You have the switches set as pedals? Why not as switches?

The tuner is not a block... You assign it using the utility function.

I would strongly suggest you read the manuals for both products and refer to them as needed. They answer a lot of questions.

From the FC manual:

6512B064-30D7-4FD9-9CE0-24F58E5FC72C.jpeg

I have already set them as switches. I should have mentioned that.

I have read the manual. This is NOT the FC issue, these are directly connected to the Axe. I thought that was clear. These switches are directly attached to the AF3 as mentioned earlier.

I have read the manual. This is NOT the FC issue, these are directly connected to the Axe. I thought that was clear. These switches are directly attached to the AF3 as mentioned earlier.
Apologies... I did not read your post correctly. :(

I read it again, and now knowing what you are saying I can see it... But it is not clear without you having mentioned it. You don't actually say in the post that they get are connected to the Axe Fx directly.

I have already set them as switches. I should have mentioned that.
Yes - your post says "pedal 1 and pedal 2"... Which in hindsight is a clue that they might be directly connected.

Alas, I had a late night and have not yet ingested sufficient coffee!

Also, when setting the expression inputs, wherever these are used, they get set to Pedal 1 and Pedal 2. There is no other name available that I see. I tried to assign the switches to latching and momentary. They work on the tempo selection, but not on the tuner.

Apologies... I did not read your post correctly. :(

I read it again, and now knowing what you are saying I can see it... But it is not clear without you having mentioned it. You don't actually say in the post that they get are connected to the Axe Fx directly.

Yes - your post says "pedal 1 and pedal 2"... Which in hindsight is a clue that they might be directly connected.

Alas, I had a late night and have not yet ingested sufficient coffee!
No worries, I do try to try my best to describe what I am doing. I do not like being told to RTFM, so I reread my posts a couple times. I don't mind someone trying to help as you have always done with me. :) <sucking down my own coffee>

I think this is a bug based on the tuner behavior and what I have read. According to the AF3 manual:
1. I have each of the switches set to momentary in the AF3
2. The tempo option recognizes both button switches (calls them pedals 1&2 though)

I have tried TRS and TS cables in the individual portions of the FS-7. Looks like an exceptional behavior with tuner right now.

I do have a stand in switch(FS-6 individual output) defined for the tuner and the tempo. Don't know if that matters or not. The tempo works with both defined in the AF3 and with the FC switches input.

What do you expect support to do? The tuner doesn't allow assigning pedals to it. That's the way it is and support can't do anything about that.

My expectation was to get a statement that said such in a documented reference or official support reply. I was expecting that the tuner assignment would be available without a midi CC# like the tempo assignment was using. Being an external pedal via the AF3 rear panel, and assignable to a switch, I didn't think that was too far of a reach. The tempo worked but not the Tuner.

Now I have that confirmation, thanks Cliff

Thanks for the clarification. As a long time Axe FX II user I was kind of puzzled that this feature is present in the II, but not in the III. But anyway: the III is so awesome that I can live with that (but I hope too, that this will be fixed/added). And while I am at it: the II is still awesome too (after so many years!) and now in use by my son ;-)

Back
Top Bottom