[NOT A BUG] Axe FX 2 XL+ Preset volume drop after 7.0.2 update

mcgyver

Inspired
Just so I am clear. The way to get the benefit of the new firmware. After firmware update. Select the preset. Click on the "amp" block. Select the "amp" in the block. move to another "amp", then back. I get the "edited" light on my Axe FX. And that should give me the results of the new firmware????? I know I still need to store it. But I should hear the difference? Correct??? I do. It's a big volume drop and I seem to lose a lot of clarity for lack of a better term. I am running FRFR. I have tried this on a like four of my presets. And it's the same. Of course I am not saving at this time. I hope someone can help with this. Anyone else have this issue ???

Thanks
Jamie

Yes I noticed the volume drop. But it happened right after the firmware 702 updated before any resets were performed.. However the presets appeared to sound better. Yes they lost a little clarity but somehow sounded ok to my taste. I have never reset the amp blocks as you described here. I actually never located the instructions on how to reset them (until your post), so will definitely try resetting them asap. But thanks for the heads up as I will not save them to the same location.

If you soft reset the amp block, the Master Volume setting is not maintained.

I would suggest you restore from backups (you did make a backup, right?) and then try again, making sure to take note of MV setting before and after. Adjust as needed.

Alternately, you can use FracTool to "view" your presets from within the backup and maybe just correct the MV.

There also might be some reduction in volume do to change in compressors. Read the release notes.

Yes I noticed the volume drop. But it happened right after the firmware 702 updated before any resets were performed.. However the presets appeared to sound better. Yes they lost a little clarity but somehow sounded ok to my taste. I have never reset the amp blocks as you described here. I actually never located the instructions on how to reset them (until your post), so will definitely try resetting them asap. But thanks for the heads up as I will not save them to the same location.
There was a recent thread written by @yek that describes the amp block reset methods and related "issues".

Try searching the Axe Fx II Discussion forum for "amp reset".

Thanks for the input guys. I also learned something new about the Fractal tool as well.
Thanks
Jamie

Are your presets clean tones, using pedal compressor models ? If so, you should raise the compressor output
If your amp blocks were using compression too, you should check that

Hi. Sorry I'm new to Fractal and the forum
So, as stated above, if I'm in my amp block and I Select the "amp" in the block. move to another "amp", then back.

Will my original amp settings, eq, master, gain and whatever else I've tweaked change to that amps default settings I just re picked
or keep the settings I originally tweaked ?

Hope I'm not confusing.

Hi. Sorry I'm new to Fractal and the forum
So, as stated above, if I'm in my amp block and I Select the "amp" in the block. move to another "amp", then back.

Will my original amp settings, eq, master, gain and whatever else I've tweaked change to that amps default settings I just re picked
or keep the settings I originally tweaked ?

Hope I'm not confusing.
There is useful info in the WIKI:
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...elect-and-reselect_versus_and_Amp_block_reset

Back
Top Bottom