[Not a Bug] after about 2 mins. of playing the ax8 bottom end drops out

shane leonard

after about 2 mins. of playing the bottom end drops out and it sounds like an auto wah...it does this on all the presets....can anybody help...

Is this two minutes after turning unit on? Plugging guitar in? Have you checked any batteries in the signal chain? Is it always the exact same length of time?

layouts have wah...im new too the Fractal ax8...so i may or may not unstand lol...but yeah I see the wah block
that means the Preset has a wah. if you're new, definitely check out the Owner's Manual - it describes what a preset is and what it contains. the Layout shows what's in the current preset.

i would just replace that Wah block with a Shunt, which is a block that just passes signal. then Store the preset and it won't happen again.

this is not a bug - it's how that preset was designed. you can either remove the wah block by replacing it with a Shunt, or turn off the Auto-Engage function, which is detailed in the Owner's Manual.

that means the Preset has a wah. if you're new, definitely check out the Owner's Manual - it describes what a preset is and what it contains. the Layout shows what's in the current preset.

i would just replace that Wah block with a Shunt, which is a block that just passes signal. then Store the preset and it won't happen again.

this is not a bug - it's how that preset was designed. you can either remove the wah block by replacing it with a Shunt, or turn off the Auto-Engage function, which is detailed in the Owner's Manual.
Or configure an expression pedal!

The wah block autoactivation is a moot point on the AX8. Because of the way the h/w is designed it can and will activate itself if there's no external pedal attached.
I've run into this a few times as I forget that the built-in expression pedals can't be set to init to 0% if the pedals are missing. Have flipped to presets, gigging, only to have delays fly off into self-oscillation because I was lazy and didn't bring all two of my EV-2s to the show! Doh!

It'll only work if you assign the control to an external controller and don't map the external to one of the pedal inputs on the AX8. Which is...mostly useless...unless you're running your CC pedal through another MIDI controller.

Back
Top Bottom