[NOT A BUG] 2290 w/mod Delay

jarabuandi

Experienced
His all,
I'm using the 2290 w/mod delay for my presets and everything was working fine...until yesterday. I'm playing and all of the sudden there's no more delay. So here is what I tried to fix the problem:
- re-started Axe-Edit
- re-started the Axe-fx 2
- unplugged the USB cable
- reset the delay block
- created new preset
Nothing seems to work. I've tried a few other Delay blocks (4-5 at least) with no issues. It's just the 2290. Any help?

Famous "not-a-bug". The 2290 depends on stereo output. If the signal is summed to mono somewhere, you won't hear the trails. So check your preset and I/O settings.

Famous "not-a-bug". The 2290 depends on stereo output. If the signal is summed to mono somewhere, you won't hear the trails. So check your preset and I/O settings.

I'm very happy that it's a Famous 'not-a bug' as it is my main delay.I just want to know how to fix it. I do not mess with any adv settings. First page for me will do. My delay are in series after the cab block in default settings.

Check the Phase Reverse setting and make sure it's set to 'None'.

View attachment 36118

@Toopy14 mate you're a champ! That did the trick....:D.. I've got a gig tonight and didn't want go through all my preset and make last minute changes :eek:. Thanks hips for your help.

One thing though, @yek said its not a bug which which fair enough but how then did that parameter change.?..and how on earth didi it change in all my presets (over 20 that I use) all at the same time!!!! There 's no global blocks attached to the delay and as I said I do not mess around with adv param.

Maybe you turned a global parameter to mono, such as the Cab block, or you changed an I/O setting?

Last edited:
Maybe you turned a global parameter to mono, such as the Cab block, or you changed an I/O setting?

Which param would I have changed? As I said I don't mess around with adv settings and that parameter is a very specific one.

I can't find where you mentioned how you are monitoring this. Is this a mono rig, or stereo? If you have Output 1 set to Sum L+R vs Stereo (or copy L-R), you'll get the phase cancellation and won't hear the delay.

@Toopy14 mate you're a champ! That did the trick....:D.. I've got a gig tonight and didn't want go through all my preset and make last minute changes :eek:. Thanks hips for your help.

One thing though, @yek said its not a bug which which fair enough but how then did that parameter change.?..and how on earth didi it change in all my presets (over 20 that I use) all at the same time!!!! There 's no global blocks attached to the delay and as I said I do not mess around with adv param.

That's not the correct fix. The reason you're not hearing the delays is because you're summing to mono somewhere. The default value of that parameter is not "None".

That's not the correct fix. The reason you're not hearing the delays is because you're summing to mono somewhere. The default value of that parameter is not "None".

Sorry mate, what do you mean by "That's not the correct fix"? Those presets with the 2290 delay have not been changed or modified (except for FM updates). I was actually practicing and getting ready for my gig...all good no issues. Turn the axe off, came back a couple of hours later, turneswiched the Axe back on and the delay was gone! Now, Im not saying that I didn't do some thing just don't know what. I'm not changing anything just before a gig. Still puzzled o_O

I had a look at my presets after Cliff's post and I found exactly what he said...I had a block after the delay that was set to Sum L+R. I changed it to L, then set the Phase Reverse back to Left and the delay worked fine.

I had a look at my presets after Cliff's post and I found exactly what he said...I had a block after the delay that was set to Sum L+R. I changed it to L, then set the Phase Reverse back to Left and the delay worked fine.

Didi you changed that? Just asking because I don'y change those settings. Before I change it to 'None' as you and Cliff pointed out it was set to right. I didn't change that on purpose....and again...on all my presets ay once! Weird to say there least!

I don'y change those settings. Before I change it to 'None' as you and Cliff pointed out it was set to right. I didn't change that on purpose....and again...on all my presets ay once! Weird to say there least!
If it happened on all your presets at once, then something changed your output to mono, either in the Axe itself (global settings, a global block...) or in something else (monitoring system, mixer...).

The default configuration for the 2290 delay is to have one side phase-inverted, and that will always make the delay disappear when the output is collapsed to mono.

Didi you changed that? Just asking because I don'y change those settings. Before I change it to 'None' as you and Cliff pointed out it was set to right. I didn't change that on purpose....and again...on all my presets ay once! Weird to say there least!

I didn't change it. When I first created the preset, the Phase Reverse was set to Left or Right, so there was no delay sound. That's when I read about changing it to none. Not sure what the default setting for blocks is, whether it's L+R, L, R, etc. Mine were set to L+R.

To answer your question though, I don't ever recall having the same thing happen that you did.

If it happened on all your presets at once, then something changed your output to mono, either in the Axe itself (global settings, a global block...) or in something else (monitoring system, mixer...).

The default configuration for the 2290 delay is to have one side phase-inverted, and that will always make the delay disappear when the output is collapsed to mono.

No idea mate...the only things i didi different was to connect my 2x12 cab to output 1 (as I always due when gigging). My usual home setup is through headphone only for quite practising.

I wouldn't know what Global block (I don'y have any setup) or global settings this would change.

I didn't change it. When I first created the preset, the Phase Reverse was set to Left or Right, so there was no delay sound. That's when I read about changing it to none. Not sure what the default setting for blocks is, whether it's L+R, L, R, etc. Mine were set to L+R.

To answer your question though, I don't ever recall having the same thing happen that you did.

Looks like I'll have to live with that but if it happens again I know now were to look. Thanks again for your help :)

...the only things i didi different was to connect my 2x12 cab to output 1 (as I always due when gigging). My usual home setup is through headphone only for quite practising.
Your 'phones are stereo. Your cab is mono.

How does this change the Axe settings ....and why now all of the sudden?
It doesn't change the Axe settings. It collapses your signal to mono. Left and right get mixed together, and the two out-of-phase delays cancel each other out. Poof! No more delay.

...something changed your output to mono, either in the Axe itself (global settings, a global block...) or in something else (monitoring system, mixer...).

Back
Top Bottom