[Not a Bug] 12.07 Per Preset Hold Not Working on FC12

peteri

Power User
Hi

Latest of all firmware on both FC and Axe (and Axe-Edit).

I've got hold settings set-up from old firmwares and works fine - but in setting up a new per-preset hold function. (For example press engages the effect and hold channel toggles between A and B).

Doesn't matter if I do this via the front panel or Axe-Edit, the hold button just doesn't work - it's visible as set-up in Axe-Edit and on the front screen of the unit, but has no impact on holding the button on the FC12 (either in terms of changing the setting and showing the toggle value in the FC screen).

Anyone else able to confirm?

hmmmmmm......THIS I have experienced already for a long time with my FC6.....for me nothing changed since the latest firmware.....

Used to work for me - I've a load of presets where I've set that up, pain is now I can't change the behaviour!

I cannot reproduce this. Can either of you please provide your system dump from Fractal-Bot ("System + Global Blocks + FC") and the preset you are experiencing this issue on? Please also let me know an example switch/layout that is giving you the problem.

Before you bother with a system dump, maybe let's confirm together that you've got things done correctly by looking at your settings in Axe-Edit.
For example, you haven't said which of the Per-Preset functions you're using, or how they are set up.

here are my settings , thanks !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.14.09.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.14.09.png
    318.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.13.58.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.13.58.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.13.40.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.13.40.png
    266.3 KB · Views: 8
Just tried again to put the Hold function on for example drive 2......NO luck

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.28.33.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 22.28.33.png
    332.1 KB · Views: 10
Just tried again to put the Hold function on for example drive 2......NO luck
Just confirming you’re also assigning the switch Hold function to that PP placeholder as well? I believe you have to assign both tap and hold on the switch like any other function. Having a Placeholder set with tap and hold, and just assigning the Tap function on the switch doesn’t automatically assign the Hold if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Just confirming you’re also assigning the switch Hold function to that PP placeholder as well?
Right you are, @chris! I had not done this. Once I do, the hold function works.

I noticed the PerPrst#23 (or whichever) was carrying across to switches to the right of the one assigned.
I missed this thread. I'll look into it and update on that thread. Thanks @Joe Bfstplk

Just confirming you’re also assigning the switch Hood function to that PP placeholder as well? I believe you have to assign both tap and hold on the switch like any other function. Having a Placeholder set with tap and hold, and just assigning the Tap function on the switch doesn’t automatically assign the Hold if I remember correctly.

WOW !!! , THAT just did it Chris......it works now....did not know the Hold function had to be assigned......awesome forum !!

Sorry confirmed from my end not a bug.

Absolutely mad with myself, I had one switch where the hold function wasn’t assigned to a per present equivalent (it was undefined).

Assigning the hold function to the correct pp number and all works fine.

Really sorry for the noise

Sorry confirmed from my end not a bug.

Absolutely mad with myself, I had one switch where the hold function wasn’t assigned to a per present equivalent (it was undefined).

Assigning the hold function to the correct pp number and all works fine.

Really sorry for the noise
Thanks for sharing the info. Not 'noise'. It could have been a bug, but this time it wasn't. Your report and subsequent report back about it being a false alarm shows your intent was good.

I recently reported a couple weirdnesses, and one of the two was user error. The other will be fixed soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom