Northern CA Axe-Fx ll Summit?

your welcome Ian! You and Henry were missed for sure.

In my wrap up, I forgot to include the cool tour through Mission Engineering's production & shipping areas and the demoing of the Gemini mono and stereo cabs. Both sounded lush, even with Mission's AxeFx running old firmware. *grin*

unix-guy had one of the Gemini cabs hooked up to his axe rig and played different riffs and styles for a few minutes to give us an idea of what tones the Gemini could handle.

There is a lot to love about these Gemini cabs.

Great meeting all of you brothers in all things Axe-Fx! James at Mission Engineering deserves props for hosting and providing goodies. I hope we can continue these events and keep the connection going. Thanks to all of you for sharing your enthusiasm and expertise. See you next time! JP

would love to hear about all the different speaker/cab options that were tested. i've heard good things about the mission gemini and was wondering how it stacked up to the CLR and the Matrix q12.

It was fun meeting all hearing the different setups. Thanks again James, and all who lugged gear, and werent afraid to play a few riffs, I was (afraid). But next time someone at least play one palm muted chug, just one, through an Engl, Mesa, 5150, HBE, and ooh heck a Fryette :)

also agree, I was hoping for a more educational experience, but was happy to hang; agree

1) parameter demonstration and tweeking in real time
2) different sounds, grouped by such15m of cleans, 10m of low gain, 5m of piezos, 4 hours of super high gain divided by eras /genres :)eek-new:)

would love to hear about all the different speaker/cab options that were tested. i've heard good things about the mission gemini and was wondering how it stacked up to the CLR and the Matrix q12.

We didn't have q12... We had Xitone passive, CLR, Gemini in the side by side.

All compared favorably to each other. Being the Xitone owner, I'm very happy I have what I have... BUT I would be probably just as happy with the other 2 options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was fun meeting all hearing the different setups. Thanks again James, and all who lugged gear, and werent afraid to play a few riffs, I was (afraid). But next time someone at least play one palm muted chug, just one, through an Engl, Mesa, 5150, HBE, and ooh heck a Fryette :)

also agree, I was hoping for a more educational experience, but was happy to hang; agree

1) parameter demonstration and tweeking in real time
2) different sounds, grouped by such15m of cleans, 10m of low gain, 5m of piezos, 4 hours of super high gain divided by eras /genres :)eek-new:)

Some of that happened after you left [emoji5]

Thanks so much to everyone for attending this. We had a blast. I had a requests to:

1. Do a write up of the event.
2. List the things that worked that we can do again
3. List the things that could be changed, added or removed
4. Provide Coop's patches and IRs

I'll add all these to the event web page in the next few days NorCal Axe-Fx Summit 2014 - Mission Engineering

Above all it was just great to meet all of you in person either again or for the first time. Thanks so much to everyone for making this so much fun. James.

Hey guys! Just returned home from today's summit... All in all, a very good day [emoji5]

If we do another meet up in the future, which I would totally be down for, I'd like to see a little more of a planned out agenda
Today was a little scattered, but I still had a great time and appreciated the chance to meet you all in person and geek out on this awesome piece of gearb we are all in love with!
For those who didn't get to stay thru the side by side comparison of the CLRs, Xitones and Gemini cabs I think that was the best part of the day... And really nice to be able to compare and contrast! I felt honoured to have been the guy that got to play thru the rigs, and it was great to get feedback from you on my tones [emoji5]

I'd like to give a huge thanks to James and Mission for hosting the event and not trying to make it into a Mission sales-pitch, and very cool of you too allow AccuGroove to show off their cabs, too!

Let's do this again and get some of the folks that couldn't make this time involved.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, that's a great day and fun to connect with everyone and learn of their experiences with AXE. To be in a room where everyone is excited about a piece of gear is amazing. I'm glad I got to be a part of it... I would have loved to be there for all of it.

I'm hoping another happens and we get even more players come and share their experiences.

Thanks so much to everyone for attending this. We had a blast. I had a requests to:

1. Do a write up of the event.
2. List the things that worked that we can do again
3. List the things that could be changed, added or removed
4. Provide Coop's patches and IRs

I'll add all these to the event web page in the next few days NorCal Axe-Fx Summit 2014 - Mission Engineering

Above all it was just great to meet all of you in person either again or for the first time. Thanks so much to everyone for making this so much fun. James.

Hi James,

Did you get all the IRs and presets that I sent you? I was wondering if everyone had gotten them...

Just checking in,

Hi James,

Did you get all the IRs and presets that I sent you? I was wondering if everyone had gotten them...

Just checking in,

I've heard nada! Maybe a link to online storage site like some guys have?

Man, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Apologies for the time it's taken me to get this done. Here, finally, are my notes on the Nor Cal Axe Summit including Coops IRs and presets. I posted it on my blog site because it just made it easier for me to get all the stuff up there. Here you go NorCal Axe-Fx Summit 2014 Review | effectsblog.com. James.

Thanks for the write-up, James!

I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the honor of being the demo player :)

Looking forward to next time.

Kevin

HOME! Today's field trip travel time was 4 hour round trip and worth every minute. I was in such a great mood this morning, excited to meet my fractal brothers in Petaluma that the speeding ticket I recieved while driving through San Fran didn't even phase me. heh

Huge high fives to James and Mission for hosting, and the fractal fellas for coordinating this NorCal Axe-Fx Summit 2014!!

I loved hanging out with you all today. Great conversations about our favorite gear, patches, firmware, Cliff & Matt, Axe-Edit, and so much more.
I loved the "round the room" introductions, putting faces with the fractal names and hearing how you fellas use your axefx.
I loved seeing the rigs in action and I really wish I would have brought mine to show off my spanky new MFC kicktags from Sukh. (my MFC looks bitchin!!)

I took some photos at todays event and placed them in my dropbox in case your curious. (I hope this link works. If not, I'll figure something else out)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2vuwo71khhh1zk/AAAl20prmgsDqOhNKlR5J62Ca?dl=0

The only bummer about being the photographer is that im in none of the photos, but I did include a couple photos from this morning before I left so you can see my spanky new kicktags. (Sukh ROCKS!)

Shoutout to my new friends. I love this community!

If/when we do this again, my feedback would be food onsite (pizza delivery, mobile burritos, or whatever) so we could all grab a quick bite and stay together. Other than that, a dedicated fractal rig hooked up to a laptop / projector running axe-edit so we could all see perimeters in the patches being demonstrated. I loved hearing Marc Cooper from AccuGroove's patches and would have loved to see the routing he was using. Same for the boys in the band "Long Time" with their Boston tribute band tones.

Did I mention I love this community?

I am stoked and inspired by todays event. More like these, please. thanks!
HUZZAH!!

BT, thanks for sharing the pics! It's nice to know what the left coast is up to. :) Must have been a great event.

Hope there will be another event soon, sad that i was in europe and missed this.

I hope so too Semih. Would be great to meet you and a few others that couldn't make it.
Perhaps after the new year we can gather again at Mission headquarters, or revisit the Stockton location for a meetup, or somewhere in the South Bay?

Back
Top Bottom