Northern CA Axe-Fx ll Summit?

I am on the East Coast so I wont be there but I'd love to hear candid feedback on how all the FRFR options (CLR, Mission...) all compare. It seems like there are a bunch of good options out there now.

Ok, so I finally got approval from my boss (aka, wife).

James- do you guys have a large monitor or protection system for showing Axe Edit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a projector and screen.
Feel free to bring a guitar and a monitor if you have something different. I'm trying to make sure we have representative gear, without being overloaded. We have 17 people signed up and if everyone shows up with their complete rigs we'll just fill the room with boxes ;-). I think you maybe the only one with a Gordius, so that would be really cool if you can bring that. James.

We have a projector and screen.
Feel free to bring a guitar and a monitor if you have something different. I'm trying to make sure we have representative gear, without being overloaded. We have 17 people signed up and if everyone shows up with their complete rigs we'll just fill the room with boxes ;-). I think you maybe the only one with a Gordius, so that would be really cool if you can bring that. James.

Sounds good.

I think the projector will be a nice thing for all involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a rack case with an AxeFxII and mesa 20/20 amp in case anybody wants to try the tube power amp thing. I also have a mesa Recto 4X12.

I'm good either way. Just putting it out there in case there was interest.

can we get a final head and gear count; what is really needed; are we going to do this all at once same room, one thing playing at a time? do we all need guitars, is it more one guy playing and others tweaking?

Just wondering if there are plans to post any videos from this event? Would love to see the gear list and get some representative samples of some of the amplification and speaker platforms; traditional and FRFR.

Definitely would love to see the CLR in action. I have both the Matrix CFR12 and Q12 so it would be nice to get some idea between their differences.

Hope you guys have a blast! :)

Any votes on whether I should bring 1 or 2 Xitone 1x12 wedges?

Since some guys run stereo, I am happy to bring 2 if wanted...

Let me know.

I have some bad news there. We're finding the new born + two other kids a little more challenging than we expected. My wife isn't ready to handle all three kids by herself for an entire day while I sneak off to Petaluma. The littlest is just 11 days old today.

If there's Skype or Google Hangout capabilities I can dial in and talk though. Probably can't demo anything but I could do a screen share with Axe-Edit.

Super excited for this Sunday's Axe Summit. I'll be bringing 2 CLR's with me.

Ian, sorry to hear the news you won't be with us in Petaluma. Totally understand fatherly duties. Congrats on your newest edition. Good times.

Btw, I have room in my car departing San Jose / Santa Clara Sunday morning 7am, traveling up 280 if anyone wants to carpool.
PM me to coordinate.

Hey guys! Just returned home from today's summit... All in all, a very good day [emoji5]

If we do another meet up in the future, which I would totally be down for, I'd like to see a little more of a planned out agenda

Today was a little scattered, but I still had a great time and appreciated the chance to meet you all in person and geek out on this awesome piece of gearb we are all in love with!

For those who didn't get to stay thru the side by side comparison of the CLRs, Xitones and Gemini cabs I think that was the best part of the day... And really nice to be able to compare and contrast! I felt honoured to have been the guy that got to play thru the rigs, and it was great to get feedback from you on my tones [emoji5]

I'd like to give a huge thanks to James and Mission for hosting the event and not trying to make it into a Mission sales-pitch, and very cool of you too allow AccuGroove to show off their cabs, too!

Let's do this again and get some of the folks that couldn't make this time involved.

Kevin

HOME! Today's field trip travel time was 4 hour round trip and worth every minute. I was in such a great mood this morning, excited to meet my fractal brothers in Petaluma that the speeding ticket I recieved while driving through San Fran didn't even phase me. heh

Huge high fives to James and Mission for hosting, and the fractal fellas for coordinating this NorCal Axe-Fx Summit 2014!!

I loved hanging out with you all today. Great conversations about our favorite gear, patches, firmware, Cliff & Matt, Axe-Edit, and so much more.
I loved the "round the room" introductions, putting faces with the fractal names and hearing how you fellas use your axefx.
I loved seeing the rigs in action and I really wish I would have brought mine to show off my spanky new MFC kicktags from Sukh. (my MFC looks bitchin!!)

I took some photos at todays event and placed them in my dropbox in case your curious. (I hope this link works. If not, I'll figure something else out)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2vuwo71khhh1zk/AAAl20prmgsDqOhNKlR5J62Ca?dl=0

The only bummer about being the photographer is that im in none of the photos, but I did include a couple photos from this morning before I left so you can see my spanky new kicktags. (Sukh ROCKS!)

Shoutout to my new friends. I love this community!

If/when we do this again, my feedback would be food onsite (pizza delivery, mobile burritos, or whatever) so we could all grab a quick bite and stay together. Other than that, a dedicated fractal rig hooked up to a laptop / projector running axe-edit so we could all see perimeters in the patches being demonstrated. I loved hearing Marc Cooper from AccuGroove's patches and would have loved to see the routing he was using. Same for the boys in the band "Long Time" with their Boston tribute band tones.

Did I mention I love this community?

I am stoked and inspired by todays event. More like these, please. thanks!
HUZZAH!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom