Noooo, Axe-Fx won't power on

McChiel

Inspired
Hi all,

Tonight at a gig my Axe would not power on, except for the input output lights blinking softly. (I was glad I carried my cheap back up pod just in case).

I already emailed G66 this evening but I expect them to answer on Monday at the earliest. Has anyone encountered the same problem? On Friday I checked a new midi cable and all was well...

Kind regards
Michiel

Hi all,

Tonight at a gig my Axe would not power on, except for the input output lights blinking softly. (I was glad I carried my cheap back up pod just in case).

I already emailed G66 this evening but I expect them to answer on Monday at the earliest. Has anyone encountered the same problem? On Friday I checked a new midi cable and all was well...

Kind regards
Michiel

Sorry to hear that. I didn't have the issue softso far (knock on wood)! Though I'm interested in what it is and how this can be fixed? Let us know.

You probably just need a new PSU.
That's an easy swap that you can do yourself.
But wait for the official response. I may be wrong.

Do you use a power conditioner?

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably just need a new PSU.
That's an easy swap that you can do yourself.
But wait for the official response.

Do you use a power conditioner?

Thanks! Yes I do use a power conditioner though it is pretty basic. You think it may have been a power surge?

Thanks! Yes I do use a power conditioner though it is pretty basic. You think it may have been a power surge?
If it really is the PSU, i don't know why it would break, unless it's some bad power situation.
But hey, the least you could do now is open it up and check for loose cables. Just be careful.

But hey, the least you could do now is open it up and check for loose cables. Just be careful.
^^^ This is where I would start. Remove power cable, open up and make sure all the connectors are firmly seated. It only takes a few minutes to do, and has cured many sudden/intermittent problems for others on the forum. At worst, it won’t hurt anything and you’ve eliminated one more possibility!

^^^ This is where I would start. Remove power cable, open up and make sure all the connectors are firmly seated. It only takes a few minutes to do, and has cured many sudden/intermittent problems for others on the forum. At worst, it won’t hurt anything and you’ve eliminated one more possibility!
Yeah, I did that, unfortunately everything looked alright.

Update on the issue: the support Heroes at G66 suspect it's the power supply so they are sending a replacement. I'll update this thread when I know if it helped!

Update on the issue: the support Heroes at G66 suspect it's the power supply so they are sending a replacement. I'll update this thread when I know if it helped!

G66 are always heros! Back in the ancient days when there were no distributors in the far east, they agree to sell and ship MFC101 to me in Hong Kong. Arrived with chocolate candy and all properly

Back
Top Bottom