Noodling around with Red Wirez

Hehe, yeah dude!
I really like the RW IR's
Stock axe IR's sound awesome too, but with RW I have more options. Seems to me that you kinda stick to a certain setting and just vary the mics or cabs. But I already chosen my favorite mic ;)

I like them too even though I've only got the demo version right now. I ended up buying some owhammers with my Ultra, but with 50 user slots and the fact that IR-Lab is going to support the new AxeFXII structure I'm going to buy the big box. I love being able to mix multiple IR's into one and dial them in how I want, I've always gotten better results with multiple IR's. Plus you save the settings for the recipe when you save the file so if you want to go back in there and tweak on it all you have to do is load the recipe (and you can share the recipe without sharing the actual files which doesn't screw RW or OH over).

Plus the big problem for me is just digging through them all, it's ridiculous. I can't imagine doing it after using the sort/filter section of IR-Lab. I think that I estimated something like over 20,000 IR's just from RW at one point. How the hell are you supposed to find anything?

As soon as the new IR-Lab is available I'm getting the BigBox set. And then my family will never have to see me again. ;)

Hehe true shasha! I tend to stick to a certain mic position. And from there I find it easier to find the right cab and the right mic.

Back
Top Bottom