Noob Question/view of effects

rnrfantasy

Hi all,

I know that with the newer firmware update some of the visual screens were changed. I'm having trouble getting back to the view where I can see all my effects in the squares. I want that to be on. It's a list of the effects instead. This is pretty difficult for live situations if you don't have everything completely memorized. I think I'm supposed to scroll over to the "FS" tab, but that doesn't seem to always keep it on the view of all the effects. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Thanks, Chris...that definitely helps.

I now see everything laid out the way I want it. I'm in scene mode and my Mesa switches channels when I hit my scenes, and it says the effects are engaged, but I'm not hearing them. When I go to a stomp box setting I have I get effects.

Using a Mesa boogie mark five and now when I hit the different scenes in a song it's switches channels and though it says that the effect is engaged I don't hear anything. For example, scene one in a song has reverb but I don't hear any. When I switch to scene two the amp changes channels but none of the effects come on even though they have the black background and should be engaged.

Last edited:
Is your Mark V FX Loop on in that Scene?
Will check in a few. I just updated to 3.5 firmware. In my stompbox mode presetting (no scenes), those effects go on and off fine. I haven't changed much, so I'm not sure why the songs in scene mode wouldn't have the mark v fx loop on in that scene. Will look in a sec, though.

I'm not seeing any difference between the reverb settings I have in my stomp box mode (reverb is fine) vs how it's set in the song in scene mode. Any idea how I can check if the fx loop is on in that scene?

I'm not seeing any difference between the reverb settings I have in my stomp box mode (reverb is fine) vs how it's set in the song in scene mode. Any idea how I can check if the fx loop is on in that scene?

Did you upload presets for me as asked in our PM? I also grabbed your support ticket in FAS support.

Just uploaded one. Uploading another now. I reset parameters as you mentioned in video but not a major difference right now...

Okay...just uploaded another one. I'll upload the stomp box one as well, where the effects work and can be turned on and off.

Just uploaded one. Uploading another now. I reset parameters as you mentioned in video but not a major difference right now...

Okay...just uploaded another one. I'll upload the stomp box one as well, where the effects work and can be turned on and off.
Cool will check out when I get home tonight.

Suggestion to troubleshoot - take out the cables on the back of the Mark V that are plugged in to the channel switching etc. - make sure the EFX loop send level knob is at 12 o' clock and the loop active toggle switch below that is in the upright position. Also make sure that the Loop Assign Knob is set at "On All' - make sure your FX8 sends and Returns are plugged in correctly to the Mark V

i have a suspicion that the Amp's Loop is set to Footswitch, and therefore isn't always on.

Ok...thanks. So loop assign should be set to "On All" and not "Ft Switch." I'll take a look tonight, but I think I remember it being set to "FT SW" and you guys are probably right on.

Really, really appreciate the help, everyone!

Ok...thanks. So loop assign should be set to "On All" and not "Ft Switch." I'll take a look tonight, but I think I remember it being set to "FT SW" and you guys are probably right on.

Really, really appreciate the help, everyone!
if you don't have the footswitch attached to control the Loop being on or off, then yes, you should have it On all the time since you can't control if it's on or off.

if you don't have the footswitch attached to control the Loop being on or off, then yes, you should have it On all the time since you can't control if it's on or off.
+1

I have an FX8 that I use with the Mark V - Channel Select knob should be on "FT SW" and Loop Assign knob should be on "ON ALL"

you should be good to go

Working great! Changed loop assign to 'on all' and set the FX8 to 4 pre/4 post and it sounds great. Thanks again, guys!

Back
Top Bottom