Noob question pt2: tuners and muting

ethrbunny

Inspired
With the AFX is it possible to create (or is it built in) a patch for tuning / muting? With my current setup my FX unit shows the tuner always. I have a patch for muting the signal that makes it easy to change guitars and tune without superfluous noise. My current floorboard (FCB1010) makes it easy to set a switch on each bank of ten for this purpose.

I can't justify the MFC (yet) so I'll have to rely on a rack tuner if the AFX doesn't provide something obvious on its front panel.

Other suggestions?

i have the mfc-101 and i turned mute on in the tuner settings last night. i was thankful that that was easy to do.

before axe fx, i had a line 6 DL4 and a boss tuner (amongst a slew of other pedals on a cumbersome pedal board). i liked that i could play something atmospheric and loop it with the DL4 and then turn my tuner on to mute the tuning process WHILE THE LOOP COULD CONTINUE TO BE HEARD.

how would i set this sort of thing up with the axe fx ultra? would it require a tuner fx "block"? is there a tuner block?

how would i set this sort of thing up with the axe fx ultra?

Tuner mute "off", use another CC (or possibly tuner CC) to mute level earlier in the chain.

One method: Place a vol/pan anywhere before delay/reverb, thru bypass mode, volume 0, store it bypassed. In the I/O menu set its bypass to the same CC# as tuner. Now when the tuner CC on message is sent, vol/pan engages and mutes the signal.

Another: If you aren't using all 8 externals you could instead set one of those to the tuner CC, assign to some block's bypass in the preset, swap modifier start/end values and choose mute bypass mode.

If the controller allows it (I don't think the MFC does unless the tuner CC is set up on a general IA switch, and I guess that won't display tuner on the MFC) you could have an opposing value input volume CC sent when the tuner is switched on/off.

The Tuner has its own dedicated CC number (its listed in the IO section).

Simply assign an IA to that CC number, and set the tuner to mute as stated in the first post.

When you press the button - the tuner will be displayed on the Axe and the output of the axe will be muted. Easy - i did it with both a Midimate and all Access prior to getting the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom