Noob question on preset output volume

deakle

Experienced
Noob, potentially dumb question. I am the proud new owner of an Axe FX II XL. I have a question about the output volume on a preset. On preset 287, "Yngwie"; on scene 1 there is no output although I can see on my input meter that it is seeing my guitar's input. The other scenes are fine and have output. I have checked the Amp block and the volume is at 10. Input and Output blocks look normal. I have also compared each of the blocks on the different Scenes and do not notice any differences. What am I missing? What else should I check? I have noticed this same issue on a couple different presets. Also, I purchased this Axe used, is there a way to set everything back to factory defaults?

Noob, potentially dumb question. I am the proud new owner of an Axe FX II XL. I have a question about the output volume on a preset. On preset 287, "Yngwie"; on scene 1 there is no output although I can see on my input meter that it is seeing my guitar's input. The other scenes are fine and have output. I have checked the Amp block and the volume is at 10. Input and Output blocks look normal. I have also compared each of the blocks on the different Scenes and do not notice any differences. What am I missing? What else should I check? I have noticed this same issue on a couple different presets. Also, I purchased this Axe used, is there a way to set everything back to factory defaults?
Since you say XL and not XL+, I'm assuming you got it used?

You may want to get the latest factory preset bundle and load that, since nobody knows what may have been tweaked before you got it.

While you're at it, search here for the updated Bank A presets... They've been reworked recently.

Since you say XL and not XL+, I'm assuming you got it used?

You may want to get the latest factory preset bundle and load that, since nobody knows what may have been tweaked before you got it.

While you're at it, search here for the updated Bank A presets... They've been reworked recently.

Thanks! Yes I picked it up used. That is what I did after reading the Axe FX Wiki. I wiped everything and reloaded the factory presets from the Fractal website. Everything is functioning normally now. Not really sure what the issue was. I compared the scenes that had output to the scene with no output and really could not find any major difference that would suggest why there was no output. But I am back in business now. Thanks again!

Thanks! Yes I picked it up used. That is what I did after reading the Axe FX Wiki. I wiped everything and reloaded the factory presets from the Fractal website. Everything is functioning normally now. Not really sure what the issue was. I compared the scenes that had output to the scene with no output and really could not find any major difference that would suggest why there was no output. But I am back in business now. Thanks again!
Glad you got it sorted out. Welcome to the world of Axe Fx and the Fractal forums!

My guess would be cab block. Maybe missing users cab? A lot of times downloading presets from the exchange have no volume because the person uploading the preset is using a custom user cab. Just need to select a cab you have.

Back
Top Bottom