Noob question before I buy Axe-Fx

Locrian

Hey I'm about to buy a standard, but this will pretty much bankrupt me and I won't have money for an amp/speaker for the Axe-Fx. So would these 3 cases be true:

1-At home I can plug the Axe-Fx into my Mbox and attached headphones to the Mbox to listen to.
2-At practice can I just plug the Axe-Fx into the PA system without going through an amp first?
3-At gigs can I just plug direct into the Front of House?

I have a crappy solid state combo amp but would prefer not to have to play through it, because the quality is not that great.

Also how important is having a power conditioner conditioner for the Axe-Fx?

Thanks in advance!

All are true. You might need to do some tweaking between sounds you dial in between the different situations you mentioned.

As far as the power conditioner goes... That depends on how realiable and clean the power is at the places you use it. I consider it a nice extra bit of protection but I may rip it out of my rack and use a good power conditioning strip.

Yes to all, but you will need to spend some time considering just how you are going to monitor your FOH sound at gigs, as well as tweaking your cab sims for gigs.

Don't expect miracles right out of the box. The Axe FX has a learning curve, and you will need to tailor your own sound from it........................tweak / build your own patches. The interface is very intuitive, so it won't take you long to get comfortable with the tweaking.

The Axe FX is worth it's weight in gold as to what it can do. Just be patient when you dive into it.

It will amaze you.

Back
Top Bottom