Noob Question About Factory Presets

jxs

So I'm new to the FA family and I bought a pre-owned AX8. I updated it to Quantum 10.01 and now I want to install the (June 5, 2017) factory presets using Fractal Bot. If I do so, will I still have the most updated stuff that came with the newest firmware update (Sep 11,2018)? I guess it's the dates that are causing me to question.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Hi JXS,

Yes you will still have the latest firmware features. The presets are separate to the firmware in most cases - I say in most cases because sometimes presets leverage features that were only available in certain releases so they sometimes translate poorly to earlier firmware.

Having said that - make sure you backup everything first (with Fractalbot) before doing anything - that way, if it all turns to shit (It wont!...but just in case) you can just restore your backup and say 'phew'.

Thanks
Pauly

So I'm new to the FA family and I bought a pre-owned AX8. I updated it to Quantum 10.01 and now I want to install the (June 5, 2017) factory presets using Fractal Bot. If I do so, will I still have the most updated stuff that came with the newest firmware update (Sep 11,2018)? I guess it's the dates that are causing me to question.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Reactions: jxs
Hi JXS,

Yes you will still have the latest firmware features. The presets are separate to the firmware in most cases - I say in most cases because sometimes presets leverage features that were only available in certain releases so they sometimes translate poorly to earlier firmware.

Having said that - make sure you backup everything first (with Fractalbot) before doing anything - that way, if it all turns to shit (It wont!...but just in case) you can just restore your backup and say 'phew'.

Thanks
Pauly
Thanks
Hi JXS,

Thanks
Pauly

Thank you for explaining that! There's so much information out there that is already three or four years old and so it was definitely confusing to try and understand it all as a new Fractal Audio user. I backed everything up first. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom