Noob Q...Latency

fireheart7

Inspired
Disclaimer... I'm new yet read the manual :)

While changing amps within a preset, I noticed some sims displayed a bit of latency that the original amp did not. In this case the AC30 ran great but a Supro lagged. I was running from AX8 into an Alto 210. I plan on loading original presets and start from scratch. But have you noticed latency when the only change is the amp sim in a preset
? FWIW no cpu warning came up...

Thanks all.

The sound was not immediate. Like it reached the speaker x number of milliseconds later. But only when I started changing amp models around. Some did and some did not. I was wondering if there was a parameter that I had to be cognizant of when changings amps...

Normally the latency is so low you should not feel it at all. I had a case where i had a Pitch block engaged which introduced some noticeable latency, but thats normal for pitch effects.

The sound was not immediate. Like it reached the speaker x number of milliseconds later. But only when I started changing amp models around. Some did and some did not. I was wondering if there was a parameter that I had to be cognizant of when changings amps...

All the amps have the same "latency" and it is so low as to be imperceptible. The total system latency is about 1ms.

All the amps have the same "latency" and it is so low as to be imperceptible. The total system latency is about 1ms.
Yes. Ok then I need to focus on levels etc. interacting with my speaker and make sure no pitch block is somehow active by mistake. .. Will share a preset if it continues. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom