Noob connection to a Diezel VH2 100 watt head

dutchman22

sorry guys, I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times, but i'm a complete noob (just got my axe FX) and have no idea how to set it up. I emailed their support team and they just referred me to the manual. Here is my set up. I have a Diezel VH2 100 watt head and a Diezel 4x12 rear loaded V30 cabinet. How should I hook this up so that i get the most out of it? I kinda understand that i will not get the "cab models" because i'm using my speaker cab and it isn't FRFR, but i'm not that worried about that. I just want all the amp models and FX. Should I do the four cable method? My sweetwater tech said to just plug the guitar into the AXE FX input and then run a cable into the return jack of the Diezel seriel loop. would that work as well? will I be able to utilize the full features of the AXE FX with my current set up? seems stupid for me to buy additional speakers or amp when i have both (and good ones at that).. please explain what i should do , i seek your help, thanks

If you want the most then go four cable method. That way you can either use the Diezel for the amp and just use effects from the Axe-FX or you can bypass the preamp of the Diezel and use the Axe-FX for the amp models and effects with the power section of the VH2 as the power amp.

@2112 has a good tutorial on the 4 cable method that worked great for me when using the III with my 50w 5153. I've modified my presets to use both the real amp and modelled preamps with the EVH poweramp. Let me know if you have any questions.

You can do the 4 cable option, or just turn off the cab block and go direct into the FX loop... use your Diezel as a power amp\cab

4CM is the way to go for you, there is a really good description in the manual to hook up the Axe Fx8 to a Amp and Cabinet.
Make shure that you use Humbuster Cables (also as described in the manual)
And please do yourself a favor read and read and study the manual and when you are done, read it again.
This is a very complex and professional gear and you have to learn how to use it.
With a Tube Amp and Cab you are of course limited in some ways, as you mentioned, you can’t take advance of the thousands of different cabs in the Axe and you are limited in different power amp modeling too.
Cheers
Sash

Back
Top Bottom