Non-working FAS Driver package v2014.06.06 on Windows 7

Mornna84

I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong section, but I haven't seen any other place to put this one.
When updating my driver (followed exactly the correct uninstall/install procedure) to the v2014.06.06, no communication at all between the AxeFX2 and the computer. Device 0 doesn't appear in the driver panel, weird ! symbol appearing in the device manager. Only solution for me was to roll back to the old 1.68 version for this to work again. Anyone experienced the same? Any fix?

Did you upgrade or uninstall + reboot + new install of new drivers?
If not, I would try that approach.
Are USB ports v2 or v3?
FYI - Many vendor-supplied USB v3 drivers do not work with the FAS driver.. MS doesn't have generic USB3 drivers for win7 - it tends to be hit or miss.

It's USB 2.0 and I've tried everything. Rebooting between uninstalling the old driver and installing the new one doesn't help, but now something changed: it won't let the driver install anymore! It says "Driver Install Error Code: 116".
I even tried with a special booting option "Disable unsigned drivers protection", but no change, now I always get the code 116 error.
Only the boot loader seems to install correctly, not the USB driver itself.
My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate on a 64x system.

Hi,
Same problem here : brand new Asus H97 Pro mobo, Intel I7 4790, Windows 7 64. Tried the "auto" way, the "manual" way, changed the usb port from usb 3 to usb 2. Nothing works, the Axe Fx is not recognized. I did install/uninstall/reinstall several times, with a cc cleaner reg keys clean in between. Then I tried once with the 168 version, works like a charm :)

Weird... I had no issues with upgrades (win7x64 Ult) and have done plenty of them...
have you tried upgrading from 168 without removing the old version first? Maybe there's something in the installer ?

No, it's a new mobo with a fresh / first install, so I went for the last drivers, but obviously there is a problem . Now that it works I'll stay with the 1.68 version.

Back
Top Bottom