Non-virtual cab setup

After rereading some forum posts this one got me wondering. What do you mean by a "non virtual cab setup"? Are you referring to using your real cabs vs FRFR options? The only virtual cabs are what you would model in a DAW. Should also note that FRFR are cabs too. Sure they may represent certain, sometimes unusable, frequencies clearer than a trad cab, but they're still cabs! They resonate too and that's what you hear. Don't matter how many drivers/tweeters you put in there it's still a real cab. Work with what you got put in the time and you have a great tone no matter what the setup is. Assuming you're plugging all that shit into a fractal audio systems AxeFx!!;)
When I said virtual cabs, I was talking about using cab blocks. Should have woorded that better after reading your post. I have 3 full stacks all the same. They are the older peavey cabs with 4x12 85 watt celestions. I love the cabs becase they all all solid wood, no mdf. Just wanted to explore all my options before buying a FRFR cab. I don't normally have enough time to buy something and put enough time into it to see if I really dig it before being able to send it back. I just really feel that no matter how many videos I watch or articles I read, I just don't really know this thing, or what it can do. Still stuck in my traditional setup way of thinking most of the time. Even wondering now if I should experiment with wiring my cabs to something other than 4 ohms to see if I like the results better. Joe

Back
Top Bottom