Implemented Non-shared modifiers per channel

Great news! It's a long time wish for many.
Would it be possible to be able to deselect the modifier or disable it for a selected channel...? Just a thought.. :)
You select the channel it's applicable for... No need to disable.

Yes that's was the wish request.

Cliff’s response seems to only allow modifiers to be assignable to selectable channels. But doesn’t seem to say that several instances of the same modifier (Ext 2 in my example) CAN be used in non-selected/shared channels.

I thought about this a bit. The idea I came up with is that the Modifier would have a Channel parameter: All, 1, 2, etc.

Cliff’s response seems to only allow modifiers to be assignable to selectable channels. But doesn’t seem to say that several instances of the same modifier (Ext 2 in my example) CAN be used in non-selected/shared channels.

Seems like 1 channel or all channels.

It seems like a single instance of a modifier per preset assignable per channel.

And those other channel parameters not assigned can be assigned other modifiers.

ie....ext 1 assigned to drive on amp channels 1&3 ...lfo assigned to channel 2 amp drive , and ext 2 assigned to channel 4 amp drive.

It seems like a single instance of a modifier per preset assignable per channel.

And those other channel parameters not assigned can be assigned other modifiers.

ie....ext 1 assigned to drive on amp channels 1&3 ...lfo assigned to channel 2 amp drive , and ext 2 assigned to channel 4 amp drive.
You left out an option: a modifier can still be applied to ALL channels.

Waitasecond.

I grant that what you've said here ^^^ is a literal rendering of what Cliff said.

But, it's pretty reasonable to allow each channel to be an independent on/off, like a "checkbox" on a web form.

So, I had anticipated something more like this:

Source: Ext Exp 1
Channel A: on
Channel B: off
Channel C: on
Channel D: off
Min: 0%
Mid: 25%
Max: 100%
Damping: 100ms

...etc., found in the parameters of the modifier assigned to the particular parameter.

So the workflow would be:
1. Go to the parameter you want to link
2. Hit Enter to create the link and enter the link-parameters editing page
3. Select the source
4. Select which of the Channels this Modifier will apply to
5. Customize the other parameters

That, at least, is what I had guessed Cliff would do.

Did I get it wrong?

Waitasecond.

I grant that what you've said here ^^^ is a literal rendering of what Cliff said.

But, it's pretty reasonable to allow each channel to be an independent on/off, like a "checkbox" on a web form.

...etc., found in the parameters of the modifier assigned to the particular parameter.

3. Select the source

Did I get it wrong?
That is how I'd like to see it, too... But not what Cliff wrote.

However, I'd prefer a "1 or all" approach better than "none or all" ;)

Waitasecond.

3. Select the source

Did I get it wrong?

I took it that however we set the modifier settings.....it is Set! Then we assign the modifier to affect all channels or just specified individual channels

Guess we will find out SOON what the ol Cliffer has in store. But as always great to see improvements bloom from forum suggestions! ..........

It's all or one. If you want something in between, say two channels, you would use two modifiers, one for each channel.
Fair enough.

Thanks for the clarification, Cliff.

Not to challenge or complain (not at all! ...since you're giving us all this awesome stuff!), but just wondering: Is there some reason why you didn't implement it as independent on/offs, like I had "guessed" above?

Is it that it's just harder to implement, or requires more CPU usage?

Or is it that I didn't think it through fully enough, and doing so would create some illogical User eXperience that I haven't anticipated?

Like I said: I'm just curious. I'm really happy that the option exists.

So I have installed 1.09 beta6, but I can't seem to assign multiple modifiers to the same parameter.

Take a wah block for example.

I would have expected the following:
  • Select Channel A in wah block
  • Highlight Wah control, press Enter. Set Modifier source and curve. Assign it to channel A.
  • Select Channel B in wah block
  • Highlight wah control, press Enter - a new modifier would be created and I could set the source and curve again and apply it to a specific channel.
Instead we have the option for the modifier to only be active in a specific channel. On other channels whatever the knob is set to is what is used.

So I have installed 1.09 beta6, but I can't seem to assign multiple modifiers to the same parameter.

Take a wah block for example.

I would have expected the following:
  • Select Channel A in wah block
  • Highlight Wah control, press Enter. Set Modifier source and curve. Assign it to channel A.
  • Select Channel B in wah block
  • Highlight wah control, press Enter - a new modifier would be created and I could set the source and curve again and apply it to a specific channel.
Instead we have the option for the modifier to only be active in a specific channel. On other channels whatever the knob is set to is what is used.
That is how Cliff said it would work: 1 or all.

My guess is that Cliff was talking about modifiers on different parameters.

How would that be any different to what we ready had tough?

The wish was for non-shared modifiers per channel for the same parameter so that we could apply different curves and settings to the same parameter on different channels.

Could a mod remove the implemented tag?

I’m sure the new behavior is useful for someone but I can’t see how I would use it myself.

Back
Top Bottom