Wish Non-recording interface mode

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I’m sure there’s a better name for it, but basically it would be great if there was an “Axe only” mode that would allow it to be connected to a computer via USB without the computer seeing it as a recording interface.

I use an Apogee Ensemble interface with my sessions at 48k. Whenever I turn on my Axe III, II XL, or AX8 with the USB connected (for Axe Edit or Cab Lab), my computer sees the Axe as a new interface and crashes my session due to mismatched sample rates.

An “Axe only” mode would allow the user to have a connected Axe without it interfering with the preferred recording interface.

+1. It scares the crap out of me when stuff starts blurting out of my monitor instead of my recording monitors.

Absolutely.

I hate the way Windows switches the default devices based on the order you boot them. Grrrrrrrrrr lol

Absolutely.

I hate the way Windows switches the default devices based on the order you boot them. Grrrrrrrrrr lol

Try disabling the AxeFX audio interface in the Sound area of Windows (Playback Devs)... USB is still available for MIDI and AxeEDIT but the OS doesn't see it as a valid playback or recording dev. Just a thought. This is what I did with both the XL and III

Try disabling the AxeFX audio interface in the Sound area of Windows (Playback Devs)... USB is still available for MIDI and AxeEDIT but the OS doesn't see it as a valid playback or recording dev. Just a thought. This is what I did with both the XL and III

My workaround is to power on the Fractal last and power it off first. But yeah, there are workarounds for sure.

It would be nice if it was a system setting in the Fractal though.

Back
Top Bottom