Non Guitar-Based Music

shemihazazel

Fractal Fanatic
Just curious if you all have any favorites. I was raised on Classical music, and while this piece doesn't fit that mold precisely, it still gives me chills every time I listen to it.

I do enjoy listening to classical piano. I have many misc CDs. Just great "head" music for me........Nope, I do not play piano, just love the solo piano stuff of the masters................

I was a house music DJ through university and into my early working years (as a management consultant, which I still am today 30 years later!) - progressive house, Italian house and trance if you are wondering.

Still love my dance music alongside my other music tastes - many of which have an electronic strand running throughout (e.g. Radiohead, Bowie, Prince, New Order, Roxy Music, Muse, Human League), although some are just pure guitar (e.g. Pixies, Smiths, Clapton, Stone Roses).

What great taste! (jk)

Cheers, Gilesy

I do enjoy listening to classical piano. I have many misc CDs. Just great "head" music for me........Nope, I do not play piano, just love the solo piano stuff of the masters................
Cool! Piano was actually my first instrument. I took lessons from 5-16. I even composed a couple pieces, and played Moonlight Sonata at my final recital (a deceptively difficult piece to play well).

Probably well over half the songs I've done aren't guitar based. (sample libraries help in that regard ;-)

Other than livestream concerts, most of the music in our house and car is some kind of chilled out electronica or jazz - downtempo/progressive chill stuff like Emancipator, Zero 7, David and Steve Gordon, Thievery Corporation, Crystal Method, psychill, etc.

With Christmas being around the corner... I love Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy (actually saw the Nutcracker once and enjoyed most of it), so much so I learned it fingerstyle on acoustic. And Vince Guaraldi Trio, especially Linus & Lucy. And I another one I played around with that I enjoy hearing played on Violin is Paganini's Caprice in A Minor.

I have got hooked on background music. Soft "nonsense" music, perfect to work to. Search YouTube for "Seeburg background music".
If you are as old as I, I am sure you get a flashback walking the department store in the 70s :D

I have got hooked on background music. Soft "nonsense" music, perfect to work to. Search YouTube for "Seeburg background music".
If you are as old as I, I am sure you get a flashback walking the department store in the 70s :D

I usually put on some Classical when working, but I may try this for a change. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom