Non FRFR rig - V10 Help!!!

kalt

Hey all- Downloaded the new V10, system reset etc and most of my patches are way to flubby. I am running Matrix GT1000 into a Diezel 212 with V30s. Before the update everything sounded really good after I backed off on the lows and highs on the global EQ. Now, no matter how much I back off on bass, depth, thunk, EQ, etc. I cant get most of them to tighten up. Even if I roll back to V9 on the global and take off Mimic on the preset. Everyone seems to be raving about V10 and I am wondering why it isn't working for me. Maybe most have an FRFR set up?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. I'm a relative noob when it comes to the technicalities of the Axe but Ive had an Axe Ultra for years and no the Axe II since it first came out. I usually can just tweek things a bit and get a good tone but now, no dice. Very frustrating because I used to love the Axe and now I can't stand it.

Reinitialize the amp block and retweak from there. Don't trust Axe-Edit. You might need much lower master vol setting than before.

I'm having the same problem. When I first downloaded the new firmware, I started on a low-gain preset that's supposed to be a little muddy. I was really happy with the sound. I played on it for a couple of hours. I got sick and have been away from the guitar. Just came back to it a couple of days ago and I can't seem to shake the muddiness. I reinstalled the FW. I've messed with the amp block (a little success lowering the XFormer Match control - but it almost feels like I'm just increasing high frequencies). I can't seem to get a tight, high-gain sound. Everything sounds like it's coming out of a 1 x 6 oval - all right, not that bad, but still not anywhere near as good as before. Interestingly, my old 9.02 patches (the ones I haven't changed amp blocks back and forth and then saved) sound terrific and have that tightness. I'm no expert tweeker of the more complicated amp settings (I loved the old settings that stated something about what kind of amp geek you were based on what level you were tweaking on edit), but I've dialed in hundreds of tones on both the Ultra and II and this isn't working. I haven't gone too far back in the discussion (maybe 4 pages), but it seems that others were resetting the unit and doing other things to try and get it to work. I'm not sure if this is because they weren't getting good installation (mine seems to have been fine, both times).

Reset System Parameters, then check to make sure all I/O and GLOBAL settings are correct for your setup.

I think the reset might be working. Wish I would have recorded tones before, but so far it seems to be much more crisp. I'm going to keep messing with it on more presets.

Reset System Parameters, then check to make sure all I/O and GLOBAL settings are correct for your setup.

Exactly what gets reset when you do a system reset. I have a lot of external modifiers set up to control reverb & delay levels & it would be a major pain to have to recreate all that. I did do a system backup before I installed v10 but wouldn't that just bring back the same potential problem?

Exactly what gets reset when you do a system reset. I have a lot of external modifiers set up to control reverb & delay levels & it would be a major pain to have to recreate all that. I did do a system backup before I installed v10 but wouldn't that just bring back the same potential problem?

+1 . . . inquiring minds want to know! :)

Wow...thanks for hijacking the thread............

How is this hijacking? If I am going to reset the system, I want to know EXACTLY what is going to happen & what I am going to have to re-create. There's no guaranty for me this will make any difference in the sound I am getting so there is no way I want to have to redo many external controller settings for no good reason. The only way to make informed decisions is with information.

How is this hijacking? If I am going to reset the system, I want to know EXACTLY what is going to happen & what I am going to have to re-create. There's no guaranty for me this will make any difference in the sound I am getting so there is no way I want to have to redo many external controller settings for no good reason. The only way to make informed decisions is with information.

The thread was NOT about resetting the system. There are plenty of other posts about that that detail what is going to happen with a system reset. Thus, hijacking.

This is the first thread hijacking ever. How will we cope?

If anyone can post a link to the threads that detail what happen with a system reset, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

?? TBH. My Matrix and 2x12 - one V30 one G12h, sounds fantastic. Ive not done a reset - just reset the amp block. Some patches needed some tweeking - some minor some more major, ie removing or adding a boost, or even changing amp type (My Cameron lows are now highs for instance) and some high gain tones have changed. I found the 5150 and Diezel patches I had for tight stuff are now fatter and better for leads - but my CAE and Fryette patches I used to use for leads are now better for tight work. Go figure.

Best advice - rework the patch by re-auditioning the amp types and then tweek to taste. As always trust your ears not your eyes.

I tried mine in a matrix 800 and a lonestar 1-12 that I´m familiar with and did not discover any flubbyness. Maybe some brightness on the plexi high .
I don´t know what kind of models you are using though. Gonna try it at a gig next weekend. I can´t say for sure until then . :)

The thread was NOT about resetting the system. There are plenty of other posts about that that detail what is going to happen with a system reset. Thus, hijacking.

M@ said "Reset System Parameters, then check to make sure all I/O and GLOBAL settings are correct for your setup." in this thread. I would like to know exactly what settings I would loose if I did this. Is that so wrong?!?

Back
Top Bottom