Non-European Gordius users ... I need your input.

Ventanaman

Inspired
Last year I used a Liquid Foot Jr. extensively, and once I got the hang of it, I thought it was great. It had a small footprint and extensive list of functions. However, last November, a stage accident damaged one of my LED's and Jeff offered to fix it for me. So I sent the LF Jr. to Jeff and it was promptly (and permanently) "lost" by FedEx. Now, 4 months later, I still have no LF Jr. and no MFC-101 - I have had to rely on an old Midimate as my backup which just isn't cutting it anymore.

Enter the Gordius LG. This device seems to do everything the LF Jr. does, has a better computer UI, and a small footprint. However, it is a bit pricey, and service and support is in Europe, which as you can tell by my luck with the other controller, causes me a bit of trepidation. I know that most who own this device love it. But have any non-European users ever had a hardware issue that required shipment back to Europe? If so, how much of a pain was it?

If I had concrete release dates for either the LF Jr. or the MFC, then I feel I could make a more informed decision, but right now I feel I'm flying blind. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

I may be going out on a limb here....but I believe i have the honors of most abuse to a Gordius product (Xavier, please make me feel better and correct me if i am wrong).
Once, I blew up my LG during a firmware update- power was cut to the unit just during that period of time that the kernal is empty and has absolutly no bios....black screen of death.
I emailed Xavier, within 6 hrs he had arrqanged for someone here in the US to repair my LG. i had it shipped and back in my hands within a week- as I recall the cost was minimal.
Once, my son used some of my gear as a trampoline. I emailed Xavier. Within 3 hrs he had emailed me back detailed instructions on how to repair the damage. Cost me $5, good as new.
Once, my LCD screen (Version 1, Version 2 screens are made differently) failed. I emailed Xavier. Within a few hours he had me in contact with someone here in the US who had an extra screen. Shipped to my house in 2 days, swapped out in 15 minutes given his detailed instructions. Cost $30.

Purchase with confidence that you will be taken care of.

I am saving $$ to get the Little Giant. I hand not thought about the customer service issue. It just seems like the ideal controller for me. I like the size, UI etc. Interested in the replies you get here. I have emailed Gordius with questions and gotten them answered in less than 24 hours. They seem to have really good customer service.

Back
Top Bottom