Noisy switches on new crop of advanced foot controllers?

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
This if for the folks currently using the new DMC Ground Control, the Rocktron All Access, and/or the new Axess Electronics foot controller, or sim....

These units all use heavy-duty metal switches.
Do they make an audible click (acoustically-speaking) when you step on them?

I do a lot of work (eg. orchestra pit, small jazz club, etc.) where clicking foot switches could be a problem.

Axess FX-1 here... there is a click with the Carling switches that are used but while I am playing I never hear it.

FX1 and expander here, it uses the carling switches so there is a click, but it's not like a stomp box click hollow sound. I dont think you would ever hear it at a gig. the gcpro's switches are kinda cheezy in comparison, they have springs in there and the switches push down to make contact.. that is why they dont make a sound, but they seem to hold up.

dpeterson said:
FX1 and expander here, it uses the carling switches so there is a click, but it's not like a stomp box click hollow sound. I dont think you would ever hear it at a gig. the gcpro's switches are kinda cheezy in comparison, they have springs in there and the switches push down to make contact.. that is why they dont make a sound, but they seem to hold up.

Liquid-foot uses the carlings as well. same experience here. Same w/ the gc pro. They don't really click but the springs make as much noise as the click on the carlings

I wish Fractal or Liquid foot would have put one button their controller that wasn't a carling (I am assuming here that Cliff is using carling, the mock up looks like it)... I would love a Boss tap tempo style switch on my pedal board. I don't mind the heavy duty buttons for changing presets etc. but for tap tempo I think I would be more accurate and quieter using something the like Boss. Any one else feel the same way? How many of you with something like the Liquid Foot, FX1, All Access, GC Pro etc. still have a Boss tap pedal on your board?

oddb0d said:
I wish Fractal or Liquid foot would have put one button their controller that wasn't a carling (I am assuming here that Cliff is using carling, the mock up looks like it)... I would love a Boss tap tempo style switch on my pedal board. I don't mind the heavy duty buttons for changing presets etc. but for tap tempo I think I would be more accurate and quieter using something the like Boss. Any one else feel the same way? How many of you with something like the Liquid Foot, FX1, All Access, GC Pro etc. still have a Boss tap pedal on your board?

Boss tap is my favorite for tap tempo, I am using a cheapo sustain pedal now. My dual boss foot switch doesn't play well with Axe-fx.

javajunkie said:
oddb0d said:

Boss tap is my favorite for tap tempo, I am using a cheapo sustain pedal now. My dual boss foot switch doesn't play well with Axe-fx.

Yeap so there is +1 for having a Boss Tap tempo style button placed into something like the Liquid Foot. I wonder if U2JustMe could incorporate that as an option into his unit?

I haven't done much with the expression pedal ports on the FX-1 other than running the SquareOne through one of the ports.

For those that have the FX-1 and preferred a different feeling tap tempo switch are there options that could be used that would plug into one of the FX-1 expression pedal ports?

mworkman said:
I haven't done much with the expression pedal ports on the FX-1 other than running the SquareOne through one of the ports.

For those that have the FX-1 and preferred a different feeling tap tempo switch are there options that could be used that would plug into one of the FX-1 expression pedal ports?

I'm pretty sure you can plug a boss footswitch or sustain pedal with it.

oddb0d said:
javajunkie said:
oddb0d said:

Yeap so there is +1 for having a Boss Tap tempo style button placed into something like the Liquid Foot. I wonder if U2JustMe could incorporate that as an option into his unit?

Probably not because you can just plug a tap tempo switch into one of the expression pedal ports.

oddb0d said:
How many of you with something like the Liquid Foot, FX1, All Access, GC Pro etc. still have a Boss tap pedal on your board?
I have a Liquid Foot and I use a Boss pedal on the side to tap tempo. It's profile is reasonably low, which is part of the reason I continue to use it. The other is that I need my heel on the ground to accurately tap temp (relates to my previous comment). For this reason I've never even considered using an IA on my Liquid Foot.

Terry.

Tone Seeker said:
oddb0d said:
How many of you with something like the Liquid Foot, FX1, All Access, GC Pro etc. still have a Boss tap pedal on your board?
I have a Liquid Foot and I use a Boss pedal on the side to tap tempo. It's profile is reasonably low, which is part of the reason I continue to use it. The other is that I need my heel on the ground to accurately tap temp (relates to my previous comment). For this reason I've never even considered using an IA on my Liquid Foot.

Terry.

Yeah, having your heal down is helpful.

oddb0d said:
I wish Fractal or Liquid foot would have put one button their controller that wasn't a carling (I am assuming here that Cliff is using carling, the mock up looks like it)...

Let's hope Cliff chose for another type of switch, because this is what someone else posted here, as an extract from a LiquidFoot email :
"We are awaiting the date from the factory for the switches. Carling Switch Co. is making them for me. Due to the demand on the liquid-foot, I had bought the entire US inventory of this part..."

:mrgreen:

ossandust said:
oddb0d said:
I wish Fractal or Liquid foot would have put one button their controller that wasn't a carling (I am assuming here that Cliff is using carling, the mock up looks like it)...

Let's hope Cliff chose for another type of switch, because this is what someone else posted here, as an extract from a LiquidFoot email :
"We are awaiting the date from the factory for the switches. Carling Switch Co. is making them for me. Due to the demand on the liquid-foot, I had bought the entire US inventory of this part..."

:mrgreen:

They still have plenty of non-US Carling switches, which are what most companies that use Carling put in (from what I understand)

@ Ossandust

Hi Xavier, nice to have you here :)

I read on a german forum you are / Gordius is working on a new controller, besides the LG products.
Any news on that?
My next big investment will probably be a new footcontroller, with either "Fractal Audio" or "Gordius" on it ;)
Greets,

Sebastian

Back
Top Bottom