Noisy Hiss with all Patches, HELP TOUR NEXT WEEK!

I am experiencing a strange hiss on all patches, stock and my own. I literally wasted 4 hours of what was supposed to be reheasal with my band tearing apart our live rack searching for ground loops bad cables everything! even brought my unit home and am still experiencing the same RF sounding hiss when I play. I have reinstalled the latest firmware and went down every road of troubleshooting I can possibly think of to no avail. Even with an extremely exaggerated noise gate, I cannot eliminate the issue. PLEASE HELP! We have a big show friday and leaving for tour next week.

I can upload files if it would help.
Dan

Setup your axe without mounting in a rack, no mfc, no USB connection. Only axe, cable and headphone. If hiss or noise is still there, use Input in the rear side (change input in settings).

Yep I've literally tried everything I can think of. The tone of the patches is good, but you can really hear it on palm mutes. I don't play super high gain stuff but I do have some heavy tones.

Yep I've literally tried everything I can think of. The tone of the patches is good, but you can really hear it on palm mutes. I don't play super high gain stuff but I do have some heavy tones.
If I were you, I would try minimum config (nothing plugged except guitar and 1 Out), I would change my guitar cable (and check), my guitar (and check), try with headphones (and check)... And then if the issue is still there, I would contact support.

Exporting and posting up a few sample presets would definitely help others be in a better position to offer advice ......... plus maybe linking in a direct out sound sample or 2 with the hiss present.

If you can't post up files yet then maybe attach them to a support ticket at FAS.

Does the problem happen with nothing plugged into the Fractal? Just the power cable?

With just your guitar plugged in with a cable, does the problem happen with your guitar volume at zero?

Back
Top Bottom