Noisy Fan

aftrshok99

Inspired
I just noticed that my fan seems to be pretty noisy, I can hear it from about 3 feet away. It just started about an hour ago, wasn't there before that. At first I thought it was a fan going out in my pc since it's close to the FX III. Would hate to already have to ship it back, not sure what else to do.

The axe fx have always had very noisy fans. $20 for a new silenx fan and about five minutes work rectifies it. Going back to fractal for another noisy fan won’t do you any good.

The axe fx have always had very noisy fans. $20 for a new silenx fan and about five minutes work rectifies it. Going back to fractal for another noisy fan won’t do you any good.
I've had an Axe Fx II mkII, an XL+ and the Axe Fx III. None of them has been noisy at all.

There has been a common issue on the III where the mounting nuts are over tightened thus compressing the bushings and leading to vibrations.

Had the same issue, very noisy fan, throughout. Not heat controlled or anything. Always loud. Contacted support with videos and photos of the fan. They said it was "normal". Nooooo way that was normal!

I returned it. Very disappointing.

Had the same issue, very noisy fan, throughout. Not heat controlled or anything. Always loud. Contacted support with videos and photos of the fan. They said it was "normal". Nooooo way that was normal!

Why not just swap the fan yourself for like $10 ?

This is actually sort of funny. "I can hear the fan" as the main reason to send it back.

The fan noise has been discussed since AxeFx 2 Mark I released.
My mark I (G66 replaced with a new) and XL was dead quite, the III sounds more than my laptop which in a recording sessions is quite annoying. I would have easily paid $200 more for a better cooling option from factory because it exist many good heatpipe soultions with low fan speeds and it should be easier cooling possibilities with a 3U as well.

Back
Top Bottom