noisy delay when changing presets and cab block problems

nils c.

hey guys,
I have two big problems...

1. when I swich from a dry rhythm sound to a clean sound with ping-pong delay and reverb swiched on, I have a noisy delay sound.
When I swich to this clean sound and delay and reverb is bypassed, it's cool. But if one of these effects ist turned on, I have this noisy delay.

2.a few days ago I was copying blocks from one preset to another (rhythm-preset).
Suddenly my leadsound sounds like a shaver.
This is my routing: pit-flg-amp-cho-dly-rev-peq-cab - out1
\
peq-fx - out2

Out2 goes to my boogie poweramp and then 4x12. The sound at out2 is great.
But when I listen to out1, it sounds like a distortionpedal direct into a mixer.
It's the same, if I listen to out1 with studiomonitors or headphones direct from the axe.
When I move the cab block left, in front of the signal split (reverb) while listening to out1, it sounds good.
Actually there shouldn't be a defference...
When I turn the phase on out2 while listening to out1, I can here a big difference.
When I turn the phase on out1 - nothing happens.
This is weird, isn't it...?

I hope, somebody can help me out...
Thanks a lot

turn off spillover in the global menu and make sure you are on the latest firmware. It also could be some thing to do with extreme delay or reverb settings. Don't know with out the patch.

I cant tell yours signal flow from the diagram above, the formatting is messed up

hey Don,
ich sehe, du sprichst Deutsch...
Wo finde ich dieses advanced menu und für was ist dieser codec?

When I turn the spillover off, it works.
But this couldn't be the solution...
My delay and reverb settings are pretty normal.

I noticed, that the cab block problem appears not in every preset.
The clean sounds are cool.
Just some rock sounds and the lead sound are affected.

Here are two examples of my routing...
Again, when the cab block is behind the signal split, it sounds bad.
Infront of the signal split sounds great...
example1.jpgexample2.jpg

With those routings the FX Loop block will also pass signal w/ no cab sim to output 1 (unless you have a cable plugged into Input 2L). You need to either shift blocks to the left so FXL is in the 11th column or earlier w/ no connection to the next column, or set FXL balance to one side and the output mixer row 3 balance to the opposite side.

Post the presets that cause spillover noise and/or a recording if possible. Delay settings & post-delay gain differences could cause a jump in spillover level which might be what you're noticing.

Thanx Bakerman - it works!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't know, that the fxl block shouldn't be connected to out.
Now I can sleep well again...

Here is the syx file, where these weird spill over appears.
View attachment 001.syx

I could have been more clear above: one of the presets you're switching from will also be necessary to compare settings to the second/noisy preset.

Your delay mix, reverb mix, PEQ1 level, FXL mixer level, output mixer level are all higher in 001.syx. That creates a large boost at both outputs for any spillover, something like +10 dB for delay, +25 dB for reverb.

Try setting FXL/Output/PEQ levels to 0 dB in both presets and put delay & reverb mix both around 25% or the max % you'd ever use in any preset. (An easy mix/level combo to remember that keeps the dry signal at unity gain through the block: 50% mix, +6 dB level. Set bypass mode to Mute FX In if you want trails to continue after bypassing the effect.)

Then set the actual delay/reverb amount for the preset by lowering each block's input gain. Use amp block level to bring each preset back to the original output level. Further adjustment (output/FXL level one direction, amp level amount in the opposite direction) can be done on one preset if any difference in spillover level remains.

I'm gonna try that, but I get a low frequency pop when switching presets that both have shiva clean as the amp. No delays are on. If I change the amp of one of the patches the pop goes away. I'll get more specifics later but I need to figure it out before I start gigging with the II.

Back
Top Bottom