Bug? Noise

I appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to try it out. Unfortunately, i have no curly light bulbs and I'm using humbuckers.

I'm still plugging away, trying to find a way to reduce/mitigate to noise.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, i have no curly light bulbs and I'm using humbuckers.
If you're using humbuckers, and you have no nearby curly lights (or dimmers), then you have a vicious source of interference somewhere. You need to hunt it down and destroy it.

I've gone to multiple locations, all with the same problem.

While not impossible, i find it hard to believe three people houses, a warehouse and a professional studio all have the same interference.

I've actually tried to eliminate that as well. Same problem in a rack, out of rack, on the floor, etc.

I appreciate your suggestions, as that is what i was looking for in pseudo-hijacking this thread.

Must be frustrating.

Try using the guitar as a directional antenna, and see if you can locate the points where it's worst.

Indeed, it is frustrating. Again, thanks to everyone for the suggestions. There are no high tension wires and the primary location is new construction; the power is clean. One location had a transformer down the block, but the issue is present at locations without the transformer.

I have tried using the guitar as a directional antenna, but any of that noise can be gated out easily and seems to be more 60 cycle, which the other type does not appear to be. The noise in the clip is only when playing; when I'm not playing, everything is dead silent as it should be.

You should contact support. It sounds as though your unit might have a bad ground internally.

Hmm. Weird the way the noise blooms long after the note sounds in certain places in O'Captain 2's Sound Cloud clip.

I have already emailed them with what you said. Again, thank you to everyone for the assistance.

Back
Top Bottom