noise when setting Main Input Source to USB

JSXtremist

Inspired
Can someone explain this noise I get when setting the Main Input Source to USB in the I/O Menu?

Last edited:
The noise is constantly heard when I attempt to reamp a dry guitar recording, or play audio from the computer through the Axe-Fx II via USB.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, you are trying to make your Computer play a signal into the input of the Axe for processing?

If it's a laptop, try unplugging the power supply. If you've got other things plugged into your computer, USB's yes but mostly things that draw power, try unplugging them.

I'm trying to reamp a dry guitar signal. I've set USB/Digi Out Source to Input so that my computer will capture the dry signal at the input of the Axe-Fx II. Playback of the dry recording sounds fine through the computer speakers. When reamping, I set Main Input Source to USB, and play the dry recording from the computer into the Axe-Fx II via USB, which feeds a GT1000FX into two guitar cabs. This is where the noise is heard, overlaying the sound from the computer.

Last edited:
I'm using a laptop. The Axe-Fx II is the only device plugged into it. Switching to battery power did not eliminate the noise.

Almost sounds like an audio feedback loop. Do you have some kind of input monitoring turned on somewhere?

Somewhere in your arrangement, a track that is set to output to your Axe is also set to input monitor whatever is coming in - this causes all kinds of crazy things to go down.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have this noise right from the start of brand new projects in both Reaper and Audacity. On the Axe-Fx II, USB/Digi Out Source is set to Input so the computer can capture the dry guitar signal, and Main Input Source is set to USB so the computer can send the dry recording back into the Axe-Fx II for processing.

Reaper1_zps5ca5f7a8.png

Back
Top Bottom