Noise Gate settings in 4.01 to 5

bvaughn0402

Inspired
Hi everyone,

I got my Axe-FX II last week, and really have loved it. I upgraded to 5 yesterday, and it seems to me that high gain patches are noisier. Not in terms of ground loops, but just the background noise of the amp. When I mess around with the noise gate, I can get it to disappear, but the guitar tone sounds a bit more muffled.

I just don't remember hearing this in the 4.01 firmware (but I only had that one for a week :)

I know that the noise gate was modified in 5.01. Were the default settings for the noise gate changed in the update? If so, what would be equivalent settings in 5?

Or am I just imagining this and the same background noise was there in 4.01 as well? :)

Thanks!
Brandon

The setting for the noise gate should be pretty much the same. It just added a feature that removes hiss and the gate kicks in basically.

Maybe I'm just imagining it. :)

I might revert back to 4.01 momentarily just to make sure I'm not totally losing it. Really like 5's changes.

Thanks Sean!

Brandon

Hi everyone,

I got my Axe-FX II last week, and really have loved it. I upgraded to 5 yesterday, and it seems to me that high gain patches are noisier. Not in terms of ground loops, but just the background noise of the amp. When I mess around with the noise gate, I can get it to disappear, but the guitar tone sounds a bit more muffled.

I just don't remember hearing this in the 4.01 firmware (but I only had that one for a week :)

I know that the noise gate was modified in 5.01. Were the default settings for the noise gate changed in the update? If so, what would be equivalent settings in 5?

Or am I just imagining this and the same background noise was there in 4.01 as well? :)

Thanks!
Brandon

Not noticing it here.

Back
Top Bottom