Noise gate linked to the volume expression pedal

Chiguete

Experienced
Has anyone ever linked the noise gate to work together with the expression pedal working the volume? What I'm talking about is that when you set up the noise gate to an amp that has a lot of gain when you roll down the volume the gain cleans up but the noise gate cuts off the notes, so I was thinking can you link them both to work so when you roll back the pedal to lower the gain you also lower the amount of noise gate in there so the cleaner tones dont get cut off???

Sounds pretty feasible. I'm interstate this week so can't have a go myself. Try it out and let us know how you go

It should be fairly to test this with Ax8 - just attach an external controller to a volume block and the threshold block in the gate block.

Or have the gate before the volume pedal.

Has anyone ever linked the noise gate to work together with the expression pedal working the volume? What I'm talking about is that when you set up the noise gate to an amp that has a lot of gain when you roll down the volume the gain cleans up but the noise gate cuts off the notes, so I was thinking can you link them both to work so when you roll back the pedal to lower the gain you also lower the amount of noise gate in there so the cleaner tones dont get cut off???

With the Fractal gear the amps do not have any noise by themselves, so if you lower the volume with a volume block at the beginning of the chain, you will also lower the noise coming in from your guitar, thus lowering the output noise.

With the Fractal gear the amps do not have any noise by themselves, so if you lower the volume with a volume block at the beginning of the chain, you will also lower the noise coming in from your guitar, thus lowering the output noise.

That might be true but then why do you have a Noise Gate on the Fractal gear? I'm just asking this "if" for some reason you need a gate in the preset.

All Fractal presets have a noise gate at the input (it can be turned off but not removed). So, it is already pretty quiet.

But some styles of music require high gain and dead muting. In those cases, a noise gate after the amp block, will silence string noise and such things.

That might be true but then why do you have a Noise Gate on the Fractal gear? I'm just asking this "if" for some reason you need a gate in the preset.

From your OP it seems that you are going to be a "human noisegate" :)

Moreover, as Smittefar said, it's very personal, for example I use the gate very very low, with a threshold like -99.4 dB, and it's more than enough to silence an high gain amp like the BE.

Back
Top Bottom