Noise floor question

jasmeece

Hi all just purchased the Ax8 and got a chance to check it out tonight. How quiet should I expect the baseline. I started out running the unit through my rolls Pm50 for headphone and I had a very prevalent hiss. I set levels and it remained, I changed the output level from +4 to -10db and everything quieted done and the hiss got quiet but was still there. switched xlr cables, patches, ran no patch just a straight path changed guitars, ran no guitar still had the same hiss. I even ran the Ax8 through a small mixer to take the rolls out of the loop and still there, the only time I noticed it dead quiet was when I tried the 1/4 outs and not the xlr. But in that set up all levels are very low. Now this is not very loud at -10 dB but my old pedal based rig was so quiet you couldn’t tell it was on or off. Can that be expected from this rig? I was planning on using the unit at church and I am afraid of how noisy it will be though the mains.

Is the Rolls Pm50 the issue? The only time I noticed the signal dead quiet was 1/4 into the rolls monitor section which is set up differently from the xlr side of things. Input for xlr is -20db max vs + 20 for the monitor

Back
Top Bottom