• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Noise floor question

jasmeece

Hi all just purchased the Ax8 and got a chance to check it out tonight. How quiet should I expect the baseline. I started out running the unit through my rolls Pm50 for headphone and I had a very prevalent hiss. I set levels and it remained, I changed the output level from +4 to -10db and everything quieted done and the hiss got quiet but was still there. switched xlr cables, patches, ran no patch just a straight path changed guitars, ran no guitar still had the same hiss. I even ran the Ax8 through a small mixer to take the rolls out of the loop and still there, the only time I noticed it dead quiet was when I tried the 1/4 outs and not the xlr. But in that set up all levels are very low. Now this is not very loud at -10 dB but my old pedal based rig was so quiet you couldn’t tell it was on or off. Can that be expected from this rig? I was planning on using the unit at church and I am afraid of how noisy it will be though the mains.

jasmeece

Is the Rolls Pm50 the issue? The only time I noticed the signal dead quiet was 1/4 into the rolls monitor section which is set up differently from the xlr side of things. Input for xlr is -20db max vs + 20 for the monitor

Top Bottom