Noise floor on output 2 has gone up considerably in 14

Stadanko

Inspired
Double checked it by going back to 13.07 then back to 14 again. The noise floor is now much louder on output 2. I already had that output padded to keep it quiet.

Double checked it by going back to 13.07 then back to 14 again. The noise floor is now much louder on output 2. I already had that output padded to keep it quiet.

check the release notes, there is a global noisegate offset, you will need to set it to 0 to get your noisegate level back where it was.

From the release notes:

Added Global Noisegate Offset parameter. This parameter allows offsetting the Noisegate threshold for all presets. This can be used to increase or decrease the threshold to compensate for varying interference levels. Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect. NOTE: This parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to set to the desired value. The default value is 0 dB and is set to that upon System Reset.

The noise floor hasn't increased, the overall level has increased. There was a bug where the output was actually decreased by the amount of the pad. So if the pad was set to 6 dB you were getting 6 dB less output level. This has been fixed but will give the impression of more noise since the level is greater.

The noise floor hasn't increased, the overall level has increased. There was a bug where the output was actually decreased by the amount of the pad. So if the pad was set to 6 dB you were getting 6 dB less output level. This has been fixed but will give the impression of more noise since the level is greater.

So that is going to result in more signal being sent to outboard gear being used in the effects loop unless we offset it to return it back to the way it is with 13.07?

What is the best way to do that because I already had output 2 global eq gain fader at -12 to feed pedals.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

i think cliff is talking about the Pad in the I/O menu and not the Gain sliders in the Global EQs?

So that is going to result in more signal being sent to outboard gear being used in the effects loop unless we offset it to return it back to the way it is with 13.07?

What is the best way to do that because I already had output 2 global eq gain fader at -12 to feed pedals.

Thanks

Yes. The simplest thing is to just turn down the Output 2 Level knob.

The first piece of gear in my loop has input gain lights so I will pad out 2 if it appears hotter. I just can't do it with the global 2 output because I already cut it to the max.

Yes. The simplest thing is to just turn down the Output 2 Level knob.

Ok, I will resort to that if padding in the in/out doesn't give me what I need. And the reason simply is, I like to keep that knob maxed, so if it ever gets knocked during setup, I can just dime it again and I know my effects loop is right where I had it set before.

The out 2 pad in my I/O settings was set to 0 db. I experienced no "additional output", no disruption to my signal levels that I send through the effects loop. I didn't have to change anything in my programming.

While I am relieved and thankful, I am confused as to why I do not? Lol....

I remain grateful of your tireless efforts to improve this device.

Thanks again Sir.

Back
Top Bottom