NoGD - PRS SC 245

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Well, I did it and went ahead and bought it. (Favorite Single Cut Thread)

It's a 2015 SC 245 / McCarty
Pups: 58/15
I switched the controls and the turned the selector switch so the bridge volume is closest end selector up selects the bridge pup.
With the layout of the controls I can have the volume of the bridge pup close enough to do violin swells .
This is one of the reasons I was looking for a SC 245 or SC 58.
Compared to My Heritage H 150 with SD '59s, it's a tad brighter and has a bit less output.
But still close enough.
I think this settles my lust for a single cut LP style.......for now ;)
SC 245 (Small).jpg
SC 245 (3) (Small) (2).jpg
SC 245 (4) (Small).jpg
SC 245 (4) (Small) (2).jpg

That's a beautiful guitar! I went last year with a McCarty 594 and it became instantly my favorite guitar. But then Paul's Guitar arrived...

Very pretty.

I was playing my SC-245 for a couple hours tuning a Mk IV preset this afternoon, and enjoying how the guitar felt and sounded.

I tweaked mine a little while back, raising the pickup pole pieces a little to follow the curvature of the neck. It brightened the pickups a little but I'm undecided if I like that sound or the traditional humbucker sound with the pole pieces flat against the covers.

Now you need to go after a PRS DGT. Mine is my sweetheart; It's a Goldtop with finish checking, scrapes, dents and worming on the back. It's a blast to play and, with .11s on it, has a really good Grissom-like growl to it. It looks and sounds like Grissom's in this clip, except mine has been more abused.

Last edited:
Thanks all.
I did find it on Reverb.
The pics are taken outside so it shows the figure quite clearly.
In the house, it's a bit darker.
I guess it'll look fabulous with some spotlights shining on it.
But the main thing is it plays and sounds wonderful.
If I were to change one thing cosmetically, I would swap the rings for chrome ones and the pups for black ones - no covers.
And the DGT.....I was also looking at that one so never say never :)

I know but I'd hate to ruin them.
Apparently there's some wax between the cover and the bobins and if I clean it, I could ruin them or at least it would be difficult to return them to their original state.
Ands I was thinking about putting the same pups as in my Heritage H 150 and my Anderson Cobra T, a set of SD '59s.

I know but I'd hate to ruin them.
Apparently there's some wax between the cover and the bobins and if I clean it, I could ruin them or at least it would be difficult to return them to their original state.
Ands I was thinking about putting the same pups as in my Heritage H 150 and my Anderson Cobra T, a set of SD '59s.
They’re potted, according to my guitar tech, so you run the risk of making a mess or damaging a coil when removing the covers. Plus I never noticed an improvement in the sound when taking them off on other pickups.

The pickups that come on it are good quality; I’ve left all my PRS stock, whereas I used to swap them out on all my Gibsons.

I know they're good, that's why I don't want to pull of the covers and risk damaging them.
I would only want to take the covers of for cosmetic reasons.

Thanks all.
I did find it on Reverb.
The pics are taken outside so it shows the figure quite clearly.
In the house, it's a bit darker.
I guess it'll look fabulous with some spotlights shining on it.
But the main thing is it plays and sounds wonderful.
If I were to change one thing cosmetically, I would swap the rings for chrome ones and the pups for black ones - no covers.
And the DGT.....I was also looking at that one so never say never :)
I have a 2013 DGT and just picked up this yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom