No Xitone love these days?

Still haven't gotten my cab as well. Did anyone in this thread end up getting it? At this point I don't know if I got scammed
I know things can happen but Mick has been on the board for quite a while and has built up a good reputation. I can't believe he would throw that all away to not fill a few orders. There has to be an reasonable explanation for the lack of communication.

Still haven't gotten my cab as well. Did anyone in this thread end up getting it? At this point I don't know if I got scammed
I don't have mine either. I message him every month and he gets back. He tells me a shipment is coming in with speakers and my name is on the list. Hopefully it will be here soon.

I don't have mine either. I message him every month and he gets back. He tells me a shipment is coming in with speakers and my name is on the list. Hopefully it will be here soon.
He told me my wedge was getting sent out. It's been a month and nada. I'm messaging him and he is not responding anymore. I feel I got scammed out of my 1k

Hand down the worst experience I've ever had buying a boutique product. I'm asking for refunds but I have a feeling he knows there's no real recourse for not finding me my money back. I'm going to see if my CC company can dispute it but since I ordered this 9 months ago I am not hopeful

I'm in the same boat.
He replied to an email 2-3 weeks ago and said he finally got the Celestion and would be shipping by the next week.
Then I emailed asking for the tracking as it hadn't arrived.
He then said that he was waiting to get fitted in with his guy who sprays on the cabinet coating. But Xitone isn't their main business. So Mick gets fitted in when the guy has spare time.

Last edited:
Wow. I hope he's OK. I hope its just shipping crap. I know that's a very real thing that has effected many big and small companies. The question is why have some been able to continue functioning and others not.

I just got my Xitone 10" cab order yesterday, placed in Mid-March. I've been watching this thread with growing concern, but Mick came through. When I ordered Mick said he had all the parts on hand ready to start building, so my order had no component lead time. I have some pretty important (to me) gigs coming up, and my current monitor (QSC K8.2) is really awful. I'd been trying to get a Friedman ASC-10 since last year, and they keep slipping month over month. When my Xitone order was also looking overdue I was wringing my hands and scrambling for Plans B and C. I dropped a note to Mick, and he replied with an ETA for shipping, met that commitment, and FedEx was 2 days faster than expected.

So not to gloat to those still waiting, but I'm grateful, thank you Mick! The 10" cab sounds great - cranked it up for a good bit last night and couldn't stop playing, always a good sign. Definitely has the traditional cab feel and response. I will have to tweak presets a bit to match, not surprising given what I'd been using sounded like a bad 60's transistor radio. I dig the big sound in a small cab, I'm trying to keep my rig compact, and this is exactly what I needed.

That said, I'd started down the path of Plan B - building the Celestion DIY cab. I have the ply, and parts are on the way. I'm glad I have the Xitone so I don't have to rush building while trying to prep for a showcase concert. I'd like to take the time to build with some joinery - dovetails or finger joints for the cab and dadoes for the baffle. More to follow, if anyone is interested.

Thanks Mick, the 10" cab sounds great! Hope you guys get you cabs soon, I'm sure you'll like them.

I've owned a CLR NEO MKII and currently own a Xitone 12" Active Wedge. The CLR blew after about 2 years. I had it repaired and sold it. The Xitone is much more rugged and sounds just as good IMO.

I just got my Xitone 10" cab order yesterday, placed in Mid-March. I've been watching this thread with growing concern, but Mick came through. When I ordered Mick said he had all the parts on hand ready to start building, so my order had no component lead time. I have some pretty important (to me) gigs coming up, and my current monitor (QSC K8.2) is really awful. I'd been trying to get a Friedman ASC-10 since last year, and they keep slipping month over month. When my Xitone order was also looking overdue I was wringing my hands and scrambling for Plans B and C. I dropped a note to Mick, and he replied with an ETA for shipping, met that commitment, and FedEx was 2 days faster than expected.

So not to gloat to those still waiting, but I'm grateful, thank you Mick! The 10" cab sounds great - cranked it up for a good bit last night and couldn't stop playing, always a good sign. Definitely has the traditional cab feel and response. I will have to tweak presets a bit to match, not surprising given what I'd been using sounded like a bad 60's transistor radio. I dig the big sound in a small cab, I'm trying to keep my rig compact, and this is exactly what I needed.

That said, I'd started down the path of Plan B - building the Celestion DIY cab. I have the ply, and parts are on the way. I'm glad I have the Xitone so I don't have to rush building while trying to prep for a showcase concert. I'd like to take the time to build with some joinery - dovetails or finger joints for the cab and dadoes for the baffle. More to follow, if anyone is interested.

Thanks Mick, the 10" cab sounds great! Hope you guys get you cabs soon, I'm sure you'll like them.
I'd be very interested to hear how the Xitone compares to the DIY cab. I'm in a similar situation waiting for the ASC-10, last I heard was June but it's been bumped every couple months... Fortunately, in my case I run direct with IEMs for live playing so I'm not under a time constraint and I locked it in with a 20% off coupon so I'm sticking it out.

That 10" Xitone cab looks really cool. I was considering their 12" speaker about a year ago before I briefly ended up with the EV PXM-12MP but I decided I'd rather try something a little more like a guitar cab(i.e. Friedman).

Back
Top Bottom