Not a Bug No volume without effects.

CedarHawk

Hey all,

Hoping this is the correct section. AxeFX II XL+. All of a sudden, most presets will come out extremely quietly with effects disabled. If I enable reverb, all I can hear is that part of the mix, not what's coming from the amp and cab.

Tried swapping out amps and cabs on affected presets, no luck. Tried adding in amp2 and cab2, no luck. If I enable effects to the left of amp and cab, no change in volume. There aren't any global presets that should be causing the issue. The mix looks good.

At the moment I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated!

Post the preset. Anything else is just guess work.

Probably doesn't belong in Bugs section. I'm sure a moderator will happen by and move it.

Does this happen on factory presets?

My apologies for the very delayed response. I got distracted with other things going on, and totally forgot that I had posted here. I spent a while to find a way to showcase the issue. It's definitely not the preset, because it happens on pretty much all factory presets (following example uses the Friedman BE factory preset), and it's not the bypass button. It's very strange; I'm playing from the Axe FX outputs to an M-Track 2X2, which is connected to my monitors and my PC. When I play this way (Axe FX > M-Track > monitors), it doesn't seem to be outputting the dry sound from the amp and cab; there's only volume when an effect is active. But when I record into Audacity, both the wet and dry signals are present.

I've recorded some crude examples, both on my phone. These are both of the same thing; I recorded on both the phone and direct into audacity simultaneously, recording the Axe FX > M-Track > monitors part, the one missing the dry signal. I then played back the direct recording from audacity, the Axe FX > M-Track > PC > Audacity > M-Track > Monitors part, capturing it in a separate recording on my phone. But, these are of the same thing. I started with the flanger effect enabled, then turned it off midway through. In the straight-to-monitors recording, you can hear me striking the strings an additional few times but with no sound. On the other recording, though, you do get audio from that part (both wet and dry signal). I'm very confused.

I'm unable to attach the recordings in .mp3 or .wav format, and I haven't reached the post limit to post links. I'd be happy to make them available, but I'm just not sure on how on this forum. I've attached the preset I'm using, but it seems to persist with any factory preset.

EDIT:
RESOLVED

Fixes by changing the input slot used on the 2x2. No idea why that fixed it. Problem was not related to the Axefx unit itself.

Attachments

• Friedman BE.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom