No USB output/sound through Axe-Fx 3 when connected to PC

jdarez

I've had this issue since I had the AXE FX. Initially, I thought it was just my inability to configure it properly so I just used my Scarlet 2i4 as my PC's audio interface
and connected that to my AXE FX. I recently decided to streamline my setup by removing the the 2i4 and simply using my AXE FX as my PC's audio interface, particularly as using 2 audio interfaces at the same time gave a lot of 'hum'.

I updated all my drivers, manually installed the USB driver, tried plugging my AXE FX into my Mac, but there's simply no audio coming from my PC via the AXE FX. Sometimes, the sound will initially play for half a second and then cut out.

I contacted the support team, was told to update, reset etc. nothing. I was then told my unit would have to be taken in for repairs. This doesn't seem like a hardware issue as others seem to be experiencing the same issue.

Has anyone found any solution?

Im having the same issue now , im a mac user with Mac OS Big Sur. My fractal fx3 usb to my imac , i use earphone at the front panel . Mac can edit the tone but no output from fractal fx3 at all

1611440643693.png

I somehow managed to sort it out. I can't be 100% exactly what the issue was, but I'm pretty sure it's either the USB cable or USB port of the PC you're plugging into.

My Macbook Pro Retina always worked and I think it was because my Macbook was somewhat older (2014) and the USB hardware was somewhat older. The AXE FX III uses somewhat outdated USB technology IMO.

I recently upgraded to a new PC, which uses USB 3.1 ports and they don't work, despite being backward compatible with USB 2.0. What worked was switching to a different USB cable (it's still an old cable so I could not be the issue) and plugging my AXE into a USB hub, which goes into my PC. Windows also recently released an update, so that could've fixed it too.

I suggest trying different USB cables, plugging into a different port and/or getting a USB hub that supports USB 2.0.

The issue has been resolved by re-launching the logic for several times and turning on off the channel monitoring .

Think back I was using apple garageband to record a simple track but the fractal suddenly lost the sound from computer . Im not sure why this happened but u may share this to those people facing the similar issue .

Back
Top Bottom