Not a Bug No stereo sound from OUT 1, only one side sounds?

In most cases you don’t really want to sum L and R to mono as well. What can happen is phase cancellation from the left and right parts being summed and canceling out.
That depends a lot on what your signal is doing. For example, if you have a delay with feedback that pans right/left, it's going to sound pretty weird in mono if you don't sum left and right together.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. If you set the Axe-Fx output to Sum L+R, then both channels will have a mono signal of left and right mixed together.

Output 1 Mode only applies to signals from the grid. USB playback will still be stereo. See post #3 for options.

There's one more way to mix USB to mono, in the Axe rather than before/after:

Set USB return level to minimum (-60 dB), add tone match block to an empty spot at end of grid. Set ref source/channel to USB L+R, enable "ref solo". A modifier is required to activate ref solo when loading a saved preset. TMA - REF SOLO'D will flash on the display but this doesn't affect anything sound-related.

Output 1 Mode only applies to signals from the grid. USB playback will still be stereo. See post #3 for options.

There's one more way to mix USB to mono, in the Axe rather than before/after:

Set USB return level to minimum (-60 dB), add tone match block to an empty spot at end of grid. Set ref source/channel to USB L+R, enable "ref solo". A modifier is required to activate ref solo when loading a saved preset. TMA - REF SOLO'D will flash on the display but this doesn't affect anything sound-related.
Clever workaround. :)

Ok, finally I have to understand:

Ouptut mode and usb audio are two diferent things.

The usb audio from computer trouhgt axe listen in stereo always, no problem with headphones jack, but if you want to source the two channels in the output, you have to use two separate cables (one for each channel to headrush inputs) or mixing in a diferent way before / after the axe?

Or use the clever solution from late post.

Is this?

AFAIK the Headrush is a mono monitor.
Running two cables between the Axe-Fx II (output L and R) and the Headrush (IN 1 and IN 2) does not make it stereo.

AFAIK the Headrush is a mono monitor.
Running two cables between the Axe-Fx II (output L and R) and the Headrush (IN 1 and IN 2) does not make it stereo.
Yes, I don't want stereo (I will need two headrush for that purpose).

I only want to listen the two channels of usb audio (panned right and left) with one cable connected to the lef output one.

Mi boss gt 100 does fair. No problem.

In usb audio axe only I only can hear one of the channels until I use two separate cables for L and R to the headrush.

Reactions: yek
USB audio has nothing to do with the cables going to your headrush. USB audio is the audio carried by the USB cable to your computer. If you are referring to audio FROM your computer, TO your AxeFX TO the monitor, then the two cable rule still applies....a single cable out of mono jack cannot carry stereo audio, it's not possible. the reason you are hearing both sides with two cables is that, well, it takes two cables for stereo audio. The HR is still summing to mono, your just hearing both sides summed.

USB audio has nothing to do with the cables going to your headrush. USB audio is the audio carried by the USB cable to your computer. If you are referring to audio FROM your computer, TO your AxeFX TO the monitor, then the two cable rule still applies....a single cable out of mono jack cannot carry stereo audio, it's not possible. the reason you are hearing both sides with two cables is that, well, it takes two cables for stereo audio. The HR is still summing to mono, your just hearing both sides summed.
Yes, but the boss gt 100 output L/mono does this well, is not estereo, but you can listen the two channels summed on HR with just one TR cable.

See post #12 above.
Yes thanks.

But in this section of the usb audio interface, is better te boss gt 100, can handle usb audio in mono summed with only one cable. Axe fx does not. Only on the grid sounds. Anyway I convert the file in reaper to a mono and solved.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom