No stereo even though I/O setting main out is Stereo

brederordie

Hi all,
I still have no stereo (when f.i. I use a stereo delay or chorus) even though the I/O setting for the main output which goes a well configured 6i6 Scarlett to my DAW is set. What an I missing or is there something wrong with my AX8?
Cheers,
Brederordie

Does your interface support stereo? I've seen a couple posts like this in the past where the interface didn't do that.

Are you panning your 2 tracks in the DAW?

Also, we don't know what your preset looks like and it's possible something is collapsing the signal to mono.

Do you hear stereo effects when not using the DAW?

Does your interface support stereo? I've seen a couple posts like this in the past where the interface didn't do that.

Are you panning your 2 tracks in the DAW?

Also, we don't know what your preset looks like and it's possible something is collapsing the signal to mono.

Do you hear stereo effects when not using the DAW?
Thanks for your answer!

1) Yes, I have a Mooer GE200 working on excellent stereo
2) Yes
3) It's on all pre sets so also on the factory pre sets. Are there specific Global / IO settings other than in the image above that could collapse the stereo signal to mono? I am am really freaking out here... :(
4) No

so at some point in the signal path it's getting collapsed to mono. you'll just have to try and troubleshoot it by removing variables, which will be stages in the audio chain. try headphones plugged directly into the axe first.

so at some point in the signal path it's getting collapsed to mono. you'll just have to try and troubleshoot it by removing variables, which will be stages in the audio chain. try headphones plugged directly into the axe first.
Would you believe if I tell you the AX8 does not have a headphone output? :oops:
I am searching like hell and I even was on the verge of blaming my Soundcard again but stereo is working using my Mooer GE200 (also without DAW) so it must be in one of the many options in the AX8 right?

I attached the preset I am working on right now which could perhaps clear to case?

Attachments

• Gert's New....syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
cab at the end of the chain will collapse to mono unless you have two cabs loaded and they'e panned hard left and right.

It worked, I also found that if you put your delay / reverb behind the cab it also works without making 2 cabs or stereo cab! Thanks a lot! :)

the routing in the preset you attached is for use with front of house and a real power amp + cab. that's why the cab is at the end of the chain and there's an fx send block in the preset. you would run out 1 to foh and out 2 to poweramp/cab.
if you got your unit used, i suspect that the original owner may have used it that way and replaced the original factory presets (which aren't set up like that). if you place the cab directly after the amp and place the time based / stereo effects after the cab, you don't need a stereo cab, as you have noticed.
you might want to download and install the original factory presets and also do a system reset

the routing in the preset you attached is for use with front of house and a real power amp + cab. that's why the cab is at the end of the chain and there's an fx send block in the preset. you would run out 1 to foh and out 2 to poweramp/cab.
if you got your unit used, i suspect that the original owner may have used it that way and replaced the original factory presets (which aren't set up like that). if you place the cab directly after the amp and place the time based / stereo effects after the cab, you don't need a stereo cab, as you have noticed.
you might want to download and install the original factory presets and also do a system reset
Yes I found that out! This pre set was built by me solely BTW! I am learning fast now, thanks soo much!

Back
Top Bottom