ZebulaJams

So my Axe Fx 3 stop producing sound from my computer. It will play the guitar I have hooked up to it, but nothing from my computer. USB runs from the unit to my computer and I have two monitors plugged in via the front “headphones” port on the front of the unit. Was working fine yesterday and now nothing. Checked all the sound settings to make sure the volume is up, Axe Fx III is default sound device, when I watch the green bars next to the unit under Sound in Control Panel, nothing appears when playing sound from the computer. I have to use my Monitor speakers to get sound to come out of the computer.
Ideas?

and I have two monitors plugged in via the front “headphones” port on the front of the unit.

I have to use my Monitor speakers to get sound to come out of the computer.
are these 2 different sets of monitors you're mentioning here?

also try rebooting the Axe and see if it returns. windows usb can be hit or miss sometimes

are these 2 different sets of monitors you're mentioning here?
Yes. My LCD monitor produces sound. My speaker monitors do not. Which they did yesterday. When clicking the volume control in the task tray, it’s supposed to produce a little jingle (on Windows 10 at least) and when I click it, it doesn’t even try. No levels go up.

i'd restart computer and axe to see if it comes back.

other than the USB Return Levels in Setup > Audio, nothing really turns off USB audio to the axe. might as well check it but i doubt it'd be changed.

Funny that you mention that. I just experienced similar for the first time today. All of a sudden my usb output from my computer stopped working. (it's been reliable for days on end) I am on the new beta, but I installed it 2 weeks ago and haven't seen this issue before today. In my case power cycling the axe brought it back.

Funny that you mention that. I just experienced similar for the first time today. All of a sudden my usb output from my computer stopped working. (it's been reliable for days on end) I am on the new beta, but I installed it 2 weeks ago and haven't seen this issue before today. In my case power cycling the axe brought it back.
Wish that would work. Tried about 8 times now. Computer sees “Axe Fx III” in control panel but refuses to produce any sound. Really weird, but by the same token I’m not shocked it happened.

Update: started working out of nowhere. Was playing some sounds on my computer then it just started out of nowhere. Twisted some cables to see if they were going bad but all seems to be in good shape.
FM I guess (freakin magic)

Back
Top Bottom