No Sound with USB connection but axe edit communicates.

Hi Group,
I am completely new here to both the forum and the axe fx2 world. I have the unit working and did the usb install- I can load firmware and see changes on the axe edit but I am not getting any output from the axe fx to the PC. In the axe edit window I have no bar movement in either in or output. Also when I tried getting a track into pro tools the axe USB was not offered as an input choice. Now I am sure someone out there is thinking "what an idiot noob" but sorry I'm stuck and could use some help, hopefully I can pass on some info as I get further along. Any help is much appreciated.

AxeEdit doesn't have audio input by default. You can choose to monitor the levels with mixed results by going into the settings and choosing your device. But you are going to have to use the AxeFX's audio outputs or headphone jack to hear it. It's not going to come out of another audio interface unless you connect the audio to the inputs of your soundcard....that's for any device.

As for ProTools it depends on the version you have. Anything older than PT9 won't support anything other than their sound cards.

AxeEdit doesn't have audio input by default.
to add... AxeEdit is MIDI only!! It does not support Audio of any kind. Ignore the meters. They will be removed in a future AxeEdit release.
If you want to hear Audio from the Axe, follow Shasha's advice.
I believe you need PT9 or newer [better?] to get non-Avid device support. Works fine w/ Reaper :)

Thanks Guys,
I have PT9 and it has midi support for the axe fx but does not see the usb in's :cry I did plan on running it through my interface anyway and already have the cables.

Thanks Guys,
I have PT9 and it has midi support for the axe fx but does not see the usb in's :cry I did plan on running it through my interface anyway and already have the cables.

See my post in your other thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom