Fixed No Sound on Particular Preset Scene

Added a bit more debugging...I first saved all the blocks from the preset to the block library.

1) New empty preset
2) IN1 ->OUT1 all good.
3) add AMP and CAB, load blocks from the "corrupted" preset. Play for a long time on the friedman scene. No lockups, no problems.
4) add DELAY1 block. Play for awhile. No problems at all...even switching channels and etc.
5) add DELAY2 block. BOOM instant red meters and no sound.

It might not be due to the saved blocks themselves..I think I can reproduce with any two delay blocks...tryign now.

Came here to report the same thing. Odd indeed...and it "spreads" to other presets. That is, all controls work (on unit or FM3-Edit) and i can go to any other scene or preset...but have the same red meters on everything. Bypassing blocks or adding shuts doesn't make a difference.

Now if I go to an EMPTY preset and build something new...I get sound if I do a simple IN1 to OUT2, but if you add an AMP block OR a CAB block, you get the red meters and the preset is corrupted.

Not sure if that helps?
Also - after a reboot things are fine. And apparently this only appears after playing for a bit (for me). If I leave the preset/scene up for a while but don't play, all is fine. Strum a few chords and bam red and no sound.

Hey @sskkmm thanks for the feedback. Yeah this behavior is quite bizarre. I like how you phrased it, the issue does "spread" to other presets it seems. I posted some pictures above that show the red meters just as you're describing.

Whatever is happening between the amp block, cab block and possibly 2nd delay block just throws the FM3 for a loop.
And yes, I can corroborate that leaving the preset open with the scene and not playing doesn't cause any issues. It's not until something is being played through it that it starts to act up after a few seconds.

Just really bizarre behavior. And again, it's not about the preset just mostly the behavior in general that could cause issues down the line with other presets.

Added a bit more debugging...I first saved all the blocks from the preset to the block library.

1) New empty preset
2) IN1 ->OUT1 all good.
3) add AMP and CAB, load blocks from the "corrupted" preset. Play for a long time on the friedman scene. No lockups, no problems.
4) add DELAY1 block. Play for awhile. No problems at all...even switching channels and etc.
5) add DELAY2 block. BOOM instant red meters and no sound.

It might not be due to the saved blocks themselves..I think I can reproduce with any two delay blocks...tryign now.

Dude, awesome. I think Moke, creator of the preset had tried something like that but maybe not. It's good you seemed to have pegged it down to something with the 2 delay blocks.

Looks like BryanP was able to reproduce as well. Awesome work!

Okay, did some testing today.

It only happens on scene 4 (Friedman HBE 2018), with two Delay blocks and at least one Delay block with the 'Diffusion' on anything above '0.0%'. And only when there is signal being processed. I let it sit for a couple of hours without issue. As soon as I started playing the guitar (or playing the Looper before the Amp block), it locked up in a few seconds. Does the 'Friedman HBE 2018' use more CPU?

It has to do with the fact that Delay 2 has the 'Diffusion' at 100%. Maybe because they are all three (Amp, Delay 1, and Delay 2) using the same processor and it exceeds it's capacity with the 'Diffusion' above '0.0%'?

I'll do a few more tests to rule out a few more things.

Seems to only happen (so far?) when a Friedman model is being used?

Last edited:
Did anyone ever try to do any more testing on this preset or have we nailed it down to the diffusion on the Delay 2 setting?
I haven't managed to try another preset with 2 delays, diffusion to 100% and another amp other than the Friedman

I see the thread mark as fixed, however, what actually ended up being the fix? I still have the preset and on the latest Beta firmware. Still getting those issues however.

Is it something having to do with @Moke mentioning the diffusion rate of the 2nd Delay?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I did try loading the preset, turning off one of the Delay blocks and had the same issue. This time not even on the Friedman scene, but the Dumble scene. Very odd but resulting in the same effect: No sound on any scene or any other preset until a reboot of the FM3. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom