Fixed No Sound on Certain Presets with Amp Block Engaged

Airgolas

This morning I noticed I wasn't getting output on a few presets. Input meters were firing but no output. I have about 10 presets where I use the same Amp block. Some have output, some do not. In the Amp blocks with no output, the output level is pegged at 20db (I did not set it there). If I bypass the amp block in these presets, I get clean sound out. I copied an amp block from a presets where the amp block was working, and after paste, the amp block's level pegged to 20db (from -14db before paste) and I get no output. I am on FW 1.04 beta. Also, if I bypass the amp block in edit using the bypass button in the lower right-hand corner of the amp block window, I cannot re-engage the amp block using the same button. I have to use the bypass/engage command by right clicking on the amp block itself. I have also power cycled the unit once already with the same result.

Is it possible there's a modifier involved? Not sure how modifiers behave when you paste in a block from somewhere else, but the behaviour you're describing sounds like the slot has the modifier assignment stored, so it gets connected to the new block.

Is it possible there's a modifier involved? Not sure how modifiers behave when you paste in a block from somewhere else, but the behaviour you're describing sounds like the slot has the modifier assignment stored, so it gets connected to the new block.

So, this started upon power up. I pasted as a troubleshooting step.

Is it CPU% related?

No, max 78%

Update: Not only is the Amp Level pegged to 20db (all the way to the right), but so is the balance (all the way right at 100%). I can get sound by moving the balance back to center. Keep in mind, I did not move the balance all the way to the right. I wasn't getting sound because, thankfully, I am only using the left output at the moment. If I manually change the balance and the level, then save, it seems to hold. Copying and pasting a "good" amp block does not hold after a save. I have no idea why this happened and only happened to some of my presets.

... And after manually setting the levels and balance, it does hold a save until I paste in an amp block over the top of it. So I can recreate the issue by simply pasting an amp block from another preset.

I also re-installed FW 1.04b just for good measure - IF after pasting the amp block, I go in and highlight the balance and level knob values above the knobs, for each A, B, C & D amp option, the changes will save.

Last edited:
I had something similar happen, but with the Delay block? Beta 7. Copy and Pasting. CPU was pretty high. All of the master/mix parameters where fully clock-wise. I could reset them and save the preset. But they would revert wide open, when the preset was opened.

I rebuilt the block manually and then all was normal?

I had something similar happen, but with the Delay block? Beta 7. Copy and Pasting. CPU was pretty high. All of the master/mix parameters where fully clock-wise. I could reset them and save the preset. But they would revert wide open, when the preset was opened.

Yep, sounds very similar to what I experienced today.

BTW, I've been using your drop tuning pitch block trick on my AX8 for years now. I copied it over to the virtual capo on the FM3 too. Thanks!

BTW, I've been using your drop tuning pitch block trick on my AX8 for years now. I copied it over to the virtual capo on the FM3 too. Thanks!
Cool! Once the new Axe-Fx III pitch improvements get ported over to the FM3, you won't really need the ADSR trick.

... And after manually setting the levels and balance, it does hold a save until I paste in an amp block over the top of it. So I can recreate the issue by simply pasting an amp block from another preset.
Yes, I do think this is same issue. This is what we are working on resolving now. We'll keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom