No sound in DAW when connected via USB

SimSimmah

I’ve had my AX8 since January 2018 and up until now I haven’t experienced any trouble at all.

But after updating to Q10.01 I’ve experienced some problems.

I run my unit like everyone else at home I guess:
AX8 —> Sound card —> Computer (Logic)
And I hook the AX8 up via USB to work in AX8edit while playing.

I’ve now experienced that when connecting the unit via USB the sound coming from the main outputs into Logic suddenly stops. The unit becomes silent and the only way regaining sound is by power cycling an unplugging the USB.

This is extremely annoying and really doesn’t make it any easier editing sounds...

I’ve also experienced that the signal suddenly only sent the dry signal from the main input out to the left output only. Totally unprocessed sound with no amp or cab simulation.

Anyone else?

Please help!
//S

I’ve also experienced that the signal suddenly only sent the dry signal from the main input out to the left output only. Totally unprocessed sound with no amp or cab simulation.
this has been a recent bug reported that is being tracked down. does this one specifically happen all the time? does it only happen if USB is connected? does it happen with all presets or just one?

as for the Logic issues, if you never open Logic, does this happen? Logic could be sending a MIDI command to the AX8 to turn down the output. there are several threads about this - search the forum, i don't use Logic so i don't know. but i think it's been addressed.

let me know more details about what i quoted, so we can fix it. here is a thread discussing this recently: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-suddenly-sending-input1-signal-to-out1-left.144682/

as for the Logic issues, if you never open Logic, does this happen? Logic could be sending a MIDI command to the AX8 to turn down the output. there are several threads about this - search the forum, i don't use Logic so i don't know. but i think it's been addressed.
/

+1 to this - this exact thing happened to me with Logic and just all of a sudden. Once I corrected it, haven't had the problem since. Definitely worth checking into.

Brian, how did you solve it? Did you solve it in logic or in AX8edit?
If I recall correctly, with the AX8 plugged in via the USB cable 0- in Logic go to the Logic Pro X menu, then to Control Surfaces, then to Controller Assignments - I think it was in there. I found a CC message for volume that was set to 0 - I can't remember if I deleted it or just changed it to 127 and I don't have my AX8 plugged in right now. But this video might help as well...Check around the 1 minute mark and she is in the area where the fix was I think. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom