No sound from PC through USB - SOLVED -

mussolo

Hi guys, I'm new to the Fractal world.
I just purchased a used FM3 in pristine condition, still under warranty.
The unit is great for how it sounds, no need to tell you.
Today however I was trying to use it as an interface in order to play over some backing tracks.
I have connected it via USB, but no sound seems to be detected by the FM3 from the computer. I have chosen "FM3 speakers" from the sound options, I see there is sound on the computer output, however i don't see any bar moving in the "meters" page of the home menu of the FM3. Seems like the FM3 doesn't receive anything from the PC.
  • Output from PC is 100%;
  • My PC recognizes the FM3 as being connected (so no USB cable issue);
  • level 1 and 2 on the FM3 are up;
  • I am running it into a Windows laptop, I have installed both drivers and also tried to uninstall and reinstall them;
  • Fractal BOT and FM3 Edit work flawlessly (I have installed the latest firmware and scrolled through presets without issues);
By the way, the unit is still not connected to any speaker, I am using it with headphones only, but the fact that the FM3 meters aren't detecting any input from the PC excludes any issue connected with headphone use. By the way, I should be able to play a backing track from my laptop and play over it with the FM3 and hear both through the headphone out of the FM3, right?

Please help!

Last edited:
- SOLVED -
The problem was that the FM3 was connected to my laptop through a USB hub.
As soon as I connected it to an integrated USB port on my laptop, it started working.

Back
Top Bottom