No sound from Mac by USB

I just want to use my Axe III as my main interface but I cannot. I get no sound coming back from my DAW or any source on my Mac. I have selected it, checked Audio Midi Setup. Made sure the inputs are up on my USB i/o.

Do I need to set something up on the Axe to just hear my DAW? It was never like this on my IIXL

Has to be a problem because I just rebooted, connected usb, fired up Axe, started Logic.. and I get sound only until I try to record something. Then I lose all sound.

Is logic set to 48kHz sample rate? If not, when you launch Logic, your sample rate may change and mess things up.

Look in Logic -> File -> Project Settings -> Audio -> General

search the forum for "Logic." i don't use Logic, but i think i've read there are some things the Logic does by default via MIDI commands that mutes the Axe audio or something like that.

basically find any MIDI commands Logic may be sending at any given time and delete them.

It is set to 48, but it's all audio from the Mac. The same thing happens if I try to use iTunes, after a little bit, it just stops working.

Is logic set to 48kHz sample rate? If not, when you launch Logic, your sample rate may change and mess things up.

Look in Logic -> File -> Project Settings -> Audio -> General

Probably dumb question, but have you tried a different USB cable and/or different USB port on the Mac?

It is set to 48, but it's all audio from the Mac. The same thing happens if I try to use iTunes, after a little bit, it just stops working.
Did you select the Axe3 as the playback device is Mac System settings Audio?

If so, when it stops working, is it still selected as the Audio output in Mac System settings?

Also having this issue recently. When Axe-FX is off Logic plays fine through built-in speakers but when it's on, no sound. Even the meters in Logic don't move when the Axe-FX is switched on, but as soon as I turn it off it's perfectly normal.

Any ideas?

-USB is connected fine and Axe Edit works.
-Axe-FX is the default input/output in Audio/MIDI.
-Axe-FX is selected as Input and Output device in Logic.
-MIDI inputs are turned off for Axe-FX in Logic.
-Logic is the most updated version.
-Project is set to 48k.
-iTunes also seems to be unwilling to play when the Axe-FX is switched on. Not just no sound but , the marker doesn't move forward either. Again as soon as the Axe-FX is off it plays as normal.

It seemed to start happening after I created an aggregate device with a USB mic, which didn't work particularly well and I deleted the aggregate device. Could be a coincidence but I think this is when it started.

FDFE4A1C-E7C1-4D63-9A46-4BFAE42EA6AC.jpeg 949185C9-05FB-46CD-97B5-B5AE7E37A43F.jpeg

Ok, this might be a silly question but here it goes...for those of you having problems have you Set These Settings in the Mac Sound Settings? And then under (Type) Choose The Axe FX III USB For Output and Input

I think I've solved my issue (or it's solved itself).

I turned it on and when I went to the grid view the display was flashing. Turned it and on again and still happening, so I unplugged the USB and it returned to normal. So switched to a different USB port on my computer and not only did the flashing stop but audio playback returned as well.

So clearly it's an issue with the USB but no idea whether it's hardware or software and which device was causing it. Fingers crossed it's a temporary issue.

What about the Input Section can you choose Axe FX III USB ? You should be able to switch. I'm able to choose between them...

Ah I see, you mean Axe-FX is selected rather than the internal speakers for example. Got you. Yes Axe-FX was selected. I think actually this mirrors the setting in the Audio/MIDI setup.

Aaaand it's back. Turned on again and no sound from Mac to Axe-FX again.

Even if I switch all input/output to the built-in audio there's no sound; simply having the Axe-FX plugged in and switched on kills the audio in the computer. Happens as soon as I turn on the Axe-FX, before the "initialising" text appears on the screen, sound cuts out, meters in Logic stop showing output, marker in iTunes stops moving.

Back
Top Bottom