No sound from downloaded preset

Shredator

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a newbie question. I recently bought a pack called SinMixIII metal pack, which has presets for the Axe FX III. Each preset includes 2 .syx files and a wave file. I'm assuming the wav file is the IR info. Here's an example of one preset:

1592777647623.png

Once I load the first file into Axe Edit, I see the full chain but I get no sound. Can someone please help?

Cheers

You’d need to ask SinMix. But you probably need to load the u1 file (external cab), and point the Cab block to it.

does the download come with a *.txt oder *.pdf file? Have a look, your answer might be in there.

Also check that in the cab block your slots are populated and if there's a VolPan block in the layout you might want to connect it to your expression pedal.

I sent him an email, let's see when he gets back to me. The zip file came with a txt file, but it's not helpful. It just lists the presets and contact info. The preset chains have no cab present.

1592778365335.png

Thing is.. there's no cab block in the preset chain (as shown above). I'm confused because the wav file with the preset is an IR file most likely? wouldn't that mean a cab block is needed?

Thing is.. there's no cab block in the preset chain (as shown above). I'm confused because the wav file with the preset is an IR file most likely? wouldn't that mean a cab block is needed?
It does have the IR Player block. That is a stripped down cab block. That is where you would assign the User IR provided once it is loaded onto your Axe.

Back
Top Bottom