No sound after updating Axe-Fx Standard to Firmware 11. Please Help!

latinsmoothie

Last night I upgraded an Axe Fx Standard from firmware 5.x (from 2008) to v.11. The firmware update was successful according to the green screen, but now I get no output, and no sound from the Axe Fx. What could be the issue? I see the input lights light up as I play guitar. But no sounds comes out and when I check the meters on the green screen, no output activity. I also uploaded the Fractal Axe FX Standard presets for Bank A and Bank B. Any advice?

I guess I would start by taking a look at the I/O menus to make sure they are set correctly. look at levels in all the effects blocks in the chain. if nothing there try to reload the firm ware from fractal site and try again, it may have gotten interrupted.

I had the same problem after upgrading from 10.1 to 11 on my Axe FX II. In my case though it was pure stupidity - I hadn't noticed that the Output 1 knob had been turned all the way down to zero. I have no idea how that happened, since I almost never touch it, but I had just done a gig so maybe when I set the Axe FX back up in my basement I inadvertently moved the knob. At least it didn't take me long to find it LOL!

Back
Top Bottom